1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX has a total of 14 entries.

1. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello All, The past few months have had a slow improvement since last I wrote. I've been able to do some mild walking and able to work nearly full time. Had some ups and downs though which worries me that whatever bug I have might be adapting (or has adapted) to the Valcyte due to the first time I used it a few years ago...That being said, there still seems to be an upward trend towards...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Sep 14, 2012
  2. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, Had a follow-up visit with my Internist a few days ago and things continue to go well. I'm slowly gaining more energy (as long as I don't overdo it). I've been working too hard over the past 10 days and thankfully have a few days to rest. Went up to the family cabin for the weekend and was able to do most of the things that needed to get done (packing, driving, unpacking,...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jul 2, 2012
  3. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, It has been a few weeks and I thought I'd share a bit of what has been happening recently... The Valcyte has been good enough to get me through shifts at work, which is a miraculous accomplishment in and of itself. However. I can't seem to do anything additional at this time and each occasion in which I try to go a bit "above and beyond", I end up in bed for a few days. Sucks....
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jun 5, 2012
  4. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, Can't believe it has been so long already! :aghhh: As noted in some of my last blog entries, I was having problems with my employer and trying to hold onto a job that was relatively easy for an ME/CFSer. Everything came crashing down when my boss pushed me too hard and I crashed. Hard. Attempted to take medical leave and was denied. Thankfully, they were willing to pay out my...
    ArgyrosfeniX, May 15, 2012
  5. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, It has been an interesting few weeks for me. I've been at home resting since February 15th, so it has been almost 1 month that I haven't worked. Been tired and really haven't had any sort of increase in endurance - which has me worried since I no longer have a job with my former employer and haven't started with a new one yet. I'm looking to do some agency work as an RN...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Mar 11, 2012
  6. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, Worked too hard on the job and crashed about 1 week ago. Still home sick, but starting to improve today. Spent too much time resting on the couch and have a horrible back spasm too. Been a wonderful week... :In bed: Had lab work done on the 15th and noticed that my Liver Function tests were above the normal threshold. They were also higher than they were when I started about...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Feb 25, 2012
  7. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone! The past month has had its ups and downs, but there has been a fairly good trend in the right direction! Here's a list of some things I'm noticed / has happened since my last entry: My neck's lymph nodes have reduced in size. The right one has been enlarged since I first contract the virus that brought me all of this. The left has been enlarged for the last few years. As...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Feb 14, 2012
  8. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone! Last week was a very difficult week for me at work - one that I know I never would have survived without having started the Valcyte and shown some improvement since. It was not fun at all... My boss, thankfully, allowed me to take tonight off as recovery is taking longer than anticipated. :Retro frown: Thought the feelings of complete emptiness were behind me, I was feeling so...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Feb 5, 2012
  9. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello again Everyone! The past week was a blessing at work - busy, but of a light activity level. This next week is going to be the one to test me (and the Valcyte results) as we're going to be very, very busy... Wish me luck on making it through!! I have 1 day left of the Valcyte after this mornings dose before I have to get some more. The insurance copay hasn't lowered by much since the...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 30, 2012
  10. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, Quick update on things for you: Haven't been able to sleep more than 4-5 hours since the other day when I got an amazing 11 hours in. There are periods of lethargy that seem overwhelming - usually just as I'm getting up from my nap to go to work. Haven't had any "really energetic" periods like I did when on just 450mg daily - but still occasionally able to do more. For...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 25, 2012
  11. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello again, Today is day 10 for the Valcyte administration, and things have been going pretty well. Most of my symptoms resolved around day 6-7 aside from generalized weakness. The was a wonderful feeling of energy even though there wasn't anything in the tank to back it up. I was able to do more around the house yesterday - able to help the wife clean house some and shoveled our short...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 22, 2012
  12. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, It has been a few days since the last update, and boy, has it been weird! My body seems to be really confused as to what is going on. There are periods where the brain is feeling completely aware and focused - then 5 minutes later, can barely remember what I'm doing. There are periods of zoning out and lack of attention span. Unfortunately, that needs to change if I plan on...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 18, 2012
  13. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello Everyone, I started my second Valcyte journey yesterday (Friday the 13th) and have taken my second dose this morning. Have a funny sensation in my muscles - like a tingling sensation, or a slight numbness. There doesn't seem to be any changes in strength at this time, but I feel a bit more slack than normal - looser if you will. Not sure if this is anything significant, but I'll keep...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 14, 2012
  14. ArgyrosfeniX
    Hello All, My Name is Brent and I'm just starting my blog entries here on PR. I intend to use this as a vehicle for information about my use of Valcyte which is starting today... :thumbs up: A little background for me: I came down with a viral infection late in 1989 and was later diagnosed with post-viral fatigue syndrome that has since been deemed ME/CFS. I did a 6 month regimen of Valcyte...
    ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 13, 2012