1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Tea drinkers:

Blog entry posted by SickOfSickness, Sep 30, 2013.

L'engle likes this.
  1. SickOfSickness
    I don't notice problems with decaf organic green tea. Also conventional black tea which I am going to stop using.
    L'engle likes this.
  2. L'engle
    So it seems that both black and green tea have the flouride and catechin problems. Black tea has much more floouride and fewer catechins, while green tea has less flouride and more catechins. I guess I wouldn't think too much of this if I hadn't felt so much worse after drinking tea in recent years and have been looking for the reason(s) why.
  3. L'engle
    I've felt worse for the last several years whenever I drink black or green tea, whether or not it has caffeine. I just finally learned that teas (non-organic at least) contain a lot of flouride. Also green tea contain catechins that can interfere with thyroid function. So it finally makes sense to me.
    SickOfSickness likes this.
  4. GracieJ
    And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water. *Sigh.* One more thing to add to the bulk food list... Maybe. No more tea bags for me. Bigelow and Celestial Seasonings peppermint are my favorite since I stopped growing my own.
  5. Little Bluestem
    Right now I am drinking Celestial Seasons Honey Vanilla Chamomile. I do also have some Traditional Medicinals and Numi.
  6. xxRinxx
    I'm very sad at teavana..I buy all my tea pots and mugs there TwT Their chair blend is so good too. @.@