• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Comorbid Conditions, Differential Diagnoses, etc.

Lyme and Bacterial Infections

Threads
Threads

Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida, Mold)

A forum for discussing fungal infections, such as yeast, candida, or mold, including toxins released by mold infections in the body. (For sensitivity to airborne mold spores, see the "Mold Spores, Chemical, or Food Sensitivities" forum.)
Threads
Threads

Mast Cell Activation (MCAS)

Mast cells are immune cells that are involved in allergic reactions such as hives, anaphylaxis, dermatographia, and sometimes intestinal inflammation. Mast cells can become activated by two things: allergens or autonomic nerves. Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) is a condition defined by abnormal mast cell activation and allergic reactions - but without any obvious allergic cause. (For allergic reactions with a known cause, see the "Immunology, Inflammation, Allergies" forum.)
Threads
Threads

Connective Tissue Disorders: Collagen, EDS, CCI

This is the forum for connective tissue problems related to impaired collagen, such as abnormally droopy skin or hypermobile cartilage. This is also the place to discuss disorders like Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), vascular compression syndromes, and related conditions such as craniocervical instability (CCI).
Threads
Threads

Thyroid Dysfunction

This is the place to discuss thyroid disorders such as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. For other discussion of thyroid hormones, see the "Hormones, HPA axis, etc." forum.
Threads
Threads

Adrenal Dysfunction

This is the place to discuss Adrenal disorders such as Adrenal Insufficiency. For other discussion of adrenal hormones, see the "Hormones, HPA axis, etc." forum.
Threads
Threads

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis is a disorder of the central nervous system that has been linked to infections and auto-immunity. Many of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis are remarkably similar to the symptoms of ME/CFS.
Threads
Threads

Autoimmunity and Autoimmune Diseases

A sub-forum for discussions about autoimmunity (including symptoms, testing and treatment), whether those autoimmune issues are comorbid to your ME/CFS, or whether you are exploring the possibility that your ME/CFS symptoms may themselves be due to autoimmunity.
Threads
Threads
There are no threads in this forum.