• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Retirement of Dr. Frank Ruscetti, researcher who helped ME/CFS community

Rrrr

Please send THANK YOU cards to this wonderful ME/CFS researcher!

Frank Ruscetti, PhD, will retire soon from his long, distinguished career at National Institute of Health's National Cancer Institute, having embarked on his career in 1975. Widely regarded as the Father of Human Retrovirology, he has published more than 400 papers over this career. He discovered the first human retrovirus in 1980. For the last few years, he has dedicated much time and attention to the pathogens behind the disease ME/CFS and the development of cancer in ME/CFS patients. His vision and long term collaboration with Dr. Judy Mikovits has left a positive impact upon science and medicine. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

Anyone wanting to thank Dr. Ruscetti for his years of public service and wish him well in his retirement may do so by sending a card to the following address:

Francis W. Ruscetti, Ph.D.
Chief, Leukocyte Biology Section
Center for Cancer Research
NCI-Frederick
Bldg 567, Rm 251
Frederick, MD 21702-1201

See this link for more about Dr. Ruscetti's career: http://ccr.cancer.gov/staff/staff.asp?profileid=5488

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I'm sure he deserves a nice retirement. I selfishly wish he were going to continue to do more work on ME/CFS !

Thank you Frank Ruscetti !

JT1024

Dr. Ruscetti will be continuing work on ME/CFS with Dr. Judy Mikovits.

MAR Consulting Inc, led by Drs. Frank Ruscetti and Judy Mikovits, explores complex and innovative biological issues to yield integrated, cutting-edge solutions for patients and physicians impacted by some of the most challenging contemporary diseases. Utilizing Ruscetti and Mikovits's combined 75 years experience in tumor biology, immunology of retroviral-associated inflammatory diseases, cancer, stem cell biology, epidemiology and hematopoiesis,

MAR focuses on research projects, consulting (to patients, doctors, researchers, and others) and lecturing without the restrictive authority of vested interest groups, following Thomas Jefferson's dictum: "Here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate error so long as freedom is left free to combat it."

Christopher

MAR Consulting Inc, led by Drs. Frank Ruscetti and Judy Mikovits, explores complex and innovative biological issues to yield integrated, cutting-edge solutions for patients and physicians impacted by some of the most challenging contemporary diseases. Utilizing Ruscetti and Mikovits's combined 75 years experience in tumor biology, immunology of retroviral-associated inflammatory diseases, cancer, stem cell biology, epidemiology and hematopoiesis,

MAR focuses on research projects, consulting (to patients, doctors, researchers, and others) and lecturing without the restrictive authority of vested interest groups, following Thomas Jefferson's dictum: "Here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate error so long as freedom is left free to combat it."

Never heard of MAR Consulting before.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986

Do you know if they have a website ?
Thanks
So happy to see Ruscetti sticking w/ us. We are lucky for that.