• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mast Cells and TINNITUS

end

i've been having a hell of time getting my mast cell reactions under control. Been taking allegra, zantac, benadryl, hydroxyzine, and singulair with little help. It at leasts stops the chest pains but not the tinnitus. I should be getting my first dosage of cromolyn sodium on monday (pharmacy had to special order) so I'm optimistic about that.

I noticed you said you have tried niacin, on another thread. I have read that nicotinamide at high dosages(1000mg x3 day)prevent histamine release from mast cells. Have you tried this before at this dose? How can you tell the "niacin is dumping methyl groups" ?

How is the sodium cromolyn used/dispensed?

acrosstheveil

i have tried it before. It seems to work temporarily but then I feel so out of it because it messes with my methylation protocol. It is well known that niacin is used to slow down methylation.

The cromolyn sodium is oral solution. I have yet to pick it up from the pharmacy.

acrosstheveil

i've tried high dose methylfolate again and it seems to be helping. i'm on 16mg a day right now of metafolin. For some reason I can't tolerate quatrefolic even at a quarter of this dosage.