• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

serious cold intolerance and cold extremities

Helen

[quote="Ambrosia_angel, post: 459744, member: 9370"...
@Helen I have a few different tests but I'm pretty sure I don't have my thyroid tests :( even if I did I'm sure there's not much I could do. The gp probs wouldn't prescribe the meds if my levels weren't the best.
I will check my morning levels starting tomorrow. Do you have any ideas on how i go about it? I have a basic home thermometer.[/quote]

You can find all information on the site www.stopthethyroidmadness.com . I´m sorry I don´t have the vocabulary to describe this easily, so I think you´d better check a correct instruction. To start with- put the thermometer beside your bed so that you can take the temperature before getting up.

Last edited:

vamah

I have a heating pad in my bed and one on my sofa for my feet that are so cold it's painful. It's horrible when it's 90 deg. outside and I need a heating pad. It's the only thing that helps me.

@vamah I know someone who uses Doctor's Best Benfotiamine for her numbness. She said within a day or 2 of taking it the dumbness went away.
Thanks I will look into that. If it makes my dumbness go away also, then that's an added bonus.:(;)

vamah

@vamah. She said within days the numbness was gone. I tried it for my cold feet and it didn't work for that.
Did your friend use it for numbness caused by cold or by something else? I see that it is possibly helpful for diabetic neuropathy, which can cause numbness, but I wonder if that is a completely different process.

L'engle

moogle
I can't tolerate heat or cold. Heat is probably worse.

I was getting so cold in the night that it was like a glacier sitting on the back of my neck. I just got a heat pack full of oats that heats in the microwave. It makes a huge difference on my neck and helps me get back to sleep. Also great for my cold, cold hands. :)