• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Ebola patient in the U.S.

Daffodil

Still quoting the health ranger, @ahmo ? The earth is mounting an immune response?

I haven't heard anything so anti-human in a long time. People who think that humans are parasites can start with ridding the earth of themselves. But it's always others who have to go, right?

I wouldn't put my money on orthomolecular medicine, either...
well its kind of true...

taniaaust1

there is a doctor in liberia who is treating his ebola patients with lamivudine and is finding that a large percentage survive if treated early. dr. fauci said they are trying other nucleoside analogues against ebola. wonder why they arent trying lamivudine? patent expired perhaps?

If that is the doctor using the AIDS drug to treat people in liberia (I forget the name).. that doctor highly exaggerated his success if you read his first media report and then a later follow up one. He was actually saying people were cured who were still under treatment and then some of his patients werent even mentioned (vanished without mention.. so I only assume those died) in the follow up story so the numbers were diferent.

taniaaust1

UV kills it, i believe, are there any gadgets for swiping over clothing etc.

how many minutes does it last on surfaces?

In a very cold place, it was something like 50 days in one study. So that's scary.. it could well mean if this spreads in a country with a cold climate, they could have more issues!!. Africa doesnt have many fridges either!!

taniaaust1

Some news links for those who dont suffer anxiety!

Firstly it appears that they may be starting to run out of protective suits due to Ebola (this would be on a world level I guess seeing its big companies http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national/2014/10/28/256907.htm "Hazmat suits in short supply for firefighters" The news article is on U.S. Firefighters!!
"
Fire departments are struggling to get the safety suits needed to protect emergency crews responding to patients who may have Ebola, their union said in a letter to U.S. President Barack Obama seeking help.
The International Association of Fire Fighters said some local fire units are being forced to wait until next year to get the personal-protective gear that shields workers from being exposed to bodily fluids, the only way to contract Ebola. Dupont Co. and Medline Industries Inc., makers of the products, say demand has surged as health departments and hospitals respond to the threat."

It appears that the ebola virus may be able to reactivate
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/833730?nlid=68063_2981&src=wnl_edit_dail&uac=23679EY#vp_2
""Paul Farmer, MD, PhD, from Partners in Health, Boston, Massachusetts, added, "In Monrovia, a couple of children under 5 who had negative [polymerase chain reactions (PCRs) after treatment] then returned some weeks later with positive PCR.
"These are children who had a normal course of illness...and had a clinical recovery, and both of these children became ill in a day or two," Dr Sprecher continued. "They came back and were found to be febrile and [PCR-]positive again. Both children had some neurologic signs.

The feeling amongst the virologists is...the virus gets into some parts of the body with immunologic protection, like the central nervous system. The immune response clears the virus from the periphery, the patient has a clinical recovery, while the viral infection progresses in the [central nervous system] and eventually returns and reemerges as a renewed positivity. At least one of the children became negative again."

Thirdly, one of the many lies the general public is being told is the incubation period. Up to 15% of cases get symptoms AFTER 21 days , some way over that time (I went looking for the scientific link but dont know where it is now).

Here's a treatment which may help, it may be worth getting some of this... http://allafrica.com/stories/201410221007.html

Last edited:

Daffodil

Tania....wow.lots of new info ability to reactivate is not good.

is nano silver similar to colloidal siver?

Daffodil

Well, if you feel that way, you might want to embrace Ebola as a perfect opportunity to eradicate some of those "parasites".
knowing that new viruses are nature's way of restoring equilibrium to an over-taxed planet does not mean I have to be happy about humans dying.

adreno

PR activist
knowing that new viruses are nature's way of restoring equilibrium to an over-taxed planet does not mean I have to be happy about humans dying.
Viruses are not created to restore equilibrium, they are simply another organism fighting for survival, part of evolution.

If by nature you are referring to the earth, it doesn't have agency. It's just a rock that happens to support the possibility of life.

And the idea of nature vs humans makes no sense. Humans are part of nature, not outside of it.