• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My gut almost healed me, then it broke. Now I need to heal it.

Folk

I use to eat:
Meat and vegetables during the week (rarely beans and rice). (basically 2 big meals a day)
Weekend was more loose with some pizzas, pastas and chocolates (a lot of alcohol)
Lots of coffee in both periods.
Lots of pain. (started cymbalta)

Then:
Tried to eat more often (5 - 6 times a day), more fruits and carbs.
I started drinking green smoothies in the morning (kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, some fruits, goji berry flaxseed, amaranth)

Got like 50% better in something like three days (a lot less pain, less fatigue, stopped getting ill or sore throats)

Then:
Decided to go off Cymbalta

It looked like some pain was returning (horrible withdrawl effects)

So:
Cut coffee, sugar, gluten, meat, dairy.

Went almost raw, loooooots of raw veggies and lots of fruits. Still rice, beans, potatoes and chickpeas.

Success getting of Cymbalta after one month. The pain got better again (maybe not as good as before but still)

But:
After two months started having horrible stomach pains and bloating. Sometime right after eating something (specially some fruits, beets etc...)

Everything got worse, pain, fatigue, sleep. It's been two months now and even though my gut improved a little with suplements and vitamins, it still hurts and now I have constantly vision problems and brainfog, wich I never had before.
My skin it's bad with acne, I got some genital fungal infection (wich went away with candicort).

Does it look like Candida to you guys?
I saw some docs who didn't help me at all and now a alternative Doc said it is candida and other fungal infections. He prescribed a lot of antifungals and liver flush.

alex3619

Do you have elevated homocysteine? Have you ever had a methylation panel done? Are you salicylate intolerant? There are many possibilities other than candida. What are you doing about B12? The problem is that for now its all likely to be guesswork.

It might also help if we had some idea where you were. US, Europe etc.

Folk

Do you have elevated homocysteine? Have you ever had a methylation panel done? Are you salicylate intolerant? There are many possibilities other than candida. What are you doing about B12? The problem is that for now its all likely to be guesswork.

It might also help if we had some idea where you were. US, Europe etc.

I'm from Brazil.
I'm suplementing b12. 2x day 4000Ui Sublingual.
I don't know about my homocysteine and never had methylation panel done. I don't think we have this in Brazil.
Salicyate intolerant i guess not cause I tolerate well brocolis, almonds, dates, coconut and olive oil and other things high in salicyate.

Last edited:

Oberon

How long were you on Cymbalta for? Most Serotonin receptors are in your gut so coming off Cymbalta can alter your digestive system.

Folk

I was on Cymbalta for something like 4 months.
My stomach problems begun something like 1 months after I stopped I guess

Would that be permanent damage or something like prolonged withdraw?

Actually there's one thing that makes sense... Even though I experienced almost no relief during Cymbalta alone, when I combined Green Smoothie with Cymbalta I was on the with the less pain I ever felt in this last 8 years.