• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tingling inside head

Does anyone get this symptom: a tingling sensation inside the head. It's a bit like a diffuse zone of electrical fuzz inside my head. It's not there all the time but comes and goes.

Could this be inflammation? Or hypoperfusion?

If you've had this symptom, what treatment eased it.

Any tips gratefully received.

Seven7

Seven
I do acetyl cartinine with ALpha lipoic Acid (ALA). 500mg morning, 500 afternoon from GNC. It only works as I keep on the supplement when I stop the tingling / burning comes back.

No cure but it eliminates it from my day to day!

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I have experienced this symptom off and on for a long time. I find it somewhat paradoxical in that it generally happens when I am at rest and am able to relax. I have described it as the sensation you might expect if you just opened a fizzy soda drink and the bubbles were going off in your head. It sensation also moves like a wave across my head.

Along with relaxation I think electrolytes may help although I should probably test that a little more scientifically to see if the correlation stands.

I get that sensation too, usually get it all through my body, not just my head.

No clue what it is or how to treat it. But you're not alone!

Seven7

Seven
Interesting I always described it to myself as a fiber optic breaking (who knows why) also I feel when I lay down to rest or sleep.

It is one of my more persistent, unrelenting symptoms! I often experience it in conjunction with a headache and mental exhaustion, though it isn't necessary for it to be there. I also feel a sort of squeezing sensation as well, as if someone were giving my brain a very unpleasant massage.

I experienced this symptom for years my symptoms were tingling, buzzing, fuzzy head feelings, it felt like someones fingers were doing jazz hands inside my brain. I finally determined that my symptoms were allergies the sinuses wrap all over and around to the back of our skulls, so kinda makes sense. I now avoid gluten that seems to have helped the most I also try to stay hydrated.

I'm getting this 'fuzz' sensation across my forehead and beside my eyes, it's been happening for about 6 months and I've got no idea what started it. So far no clue as to the cause. Also getting a lot of itching on my face but no redness or rash.

Hi, hopping on this thread two years after the last post! I have this exact same symptom! Like a buzzing or tingling sensation in my head and face, sometimes moving like a wave. My fingers will buzz, kind of like pins and needles, but only for a few seconds at a time (although it does happen several times in a row, adding up to a few minutes at a time). Sometimes it feels as though my eyes are crossing, but an ophthalmologist didn't find anything.

It drives me nuts! Mostly because I don't know what the sensation is or what's causing it. It doesn't seem to be correlated with fatigue, but its definitely tied to movement- even small movements of the head, or sitting up or lying down, can trigger the feeling. I have been diagnosed with Lyme, after nearly a year of illness...maybe its early neuropathy?

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
When i`m exhausted i can get sort of a swift feeling of pressure in 1 sec. No clue whats going on biologically!