• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Experience with Dr. Brewer Nystatin + EDTA Intranasal?

Hi

Has anyone on this forum had the opportunity to try Dr. Joe Brewers revised protocol for treating fungal mycotoxin secreting reservoirs that he believes are likely located in the sinus passages? I believe the latest protocol comprises the intranasal delivery of Nystatin, EDTA and a Surfacant.

Just wondering really if anyone has had any response good or bad to his protocol or if they know what doses are used on the protocol?

I read the post by the patient advocate here: http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/dr-joseph-brewer-at-ilads-2014.html

Cheers,

J

ukxmrv

yes, there has been discussion of this before. However, I can't find the threads. You may find them through a search

Bumping this up as others may remember the threads

aquariusgirl

just saw him last week.. he has me on amphotericin b plus edta.. I think those are still the first line txtmetns if tolerated. he has patients from the UK.. fyi.. they have to get someone here to ship the stuff to them tho.. the pharmacy wont ship overseas.

Forebearance

I hope this goes well for you, aquariusgirl!
My version of his protocol has been really helping me. It has been reducing inflammation, which basically reduces all my ME/CFS symptoms.

slayadragon

I used an extremely similar version of this many years ago via Dr. Dale Guyer in Indianapolis. I was living in a moldy house at the time and was quite sick. I found it a little helpful. My understanding is that those two doctors know one another, so I suspect that that is where Dr. Brewer got the idea.