• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Adlyfrost

Garden of Life Food

I know this is an old thread but for anybody researching these vitamins…. Just started taking the vitamin code 50 and wiser to supplement B's because my highly methylated B regimen (which includes all top of the line coenzymated B's plus sublingual methylcobalamin and a small amount of...
  2. Adlyfrost

Copper Dumping

I take this awesome mulitimineral that's 2mg/Cu a day. I have a lot of copper toxic symptoms and am going to work on balance with zinc. What do ya'll think about my supplement? Is it time to look for a new one? I heard some amount of copper is recommended to keep it in balance. Any...
  3. Adlyfrost

History of smoking a possible co-factor of ME/CFS?

I have often wondered if I could have picked up the habit if I would have been healthier cuz I know a lot of people who get sickly after they quit. I was being exposed to 2nd hand from conception and through adulthood hood - and then finally getting out of that awful house at 27 yrs old- when...
  4. Adlyfrost

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

I did not know about berberine NO inhibitive properties. I will definitely check it out!
  5. Adlyfrost

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

"When I have a negative reaction to nitrate containing foods, I believe it's because I'm producing too much nitric oxide to battle an infection." Yeah which would make sense why some PWME have excess NO- constantly fighting viruses, mold, SIBO etc. And as I posted earlier, these microbes have...
  6. Adlyfrost

Before I had even heard of CFS I was convinced for a time that I had porphyria. I tried citrulline maleate as a result and it seemed a magic bullet at first- mega energy like I had never experienced. Then I would get these random panic attacks/ highly caffeinated feelings and were extremely...
  7. Adlyfrost

Two words: VGCC & EMF's. This is scary for me because I got REALLY sick after moving from Florida to the northeast, to this awful neighborhood with HUGE power lines! After moving here, next to POWERLINES, I just didn't feel like ever moving or exercising- was just so tired- like nervous...
  8. Adlyfrost

Raw vegan (or almost raw-vegan) issues with CFS

I don't buy this back to nature crap. When I started this thread I was talking about raw-vegan diet for health not as a philosophy or ideology though philosophies are interesting and I think they are worth talking about. But really- what the heck is natural about us being so freakin sick and...
  9. Adlyfrost

@alicec That is so cool! Can't wait to hear your report! Speaking of gut microbes, I noticed my problems with greens making me feel badly were not as bad when I had candida. They really started acting up when I eliminated fruit / all sugar and took Candex religiously. Could a little bit of...
  10. Adlyfrost

So true!!!! So much easier to eat raw when I lived in FL than in Northeast!
  11. Adlyfrost

@Crux Never heard of Ann Wigmore, but I do have a guru of sorts- well not really a guru, but a persuasive advocate I listen to: Markus Rosenkranz and his girlfriend on youtube. They are the healthiest looking vegans I ever saw. They eat a lot of irish moss- which may be the source of their...
  12. Adlyfrost

Hi @Effi ! I get jitters from greens / green juices too! Posting in this thread now looking for answers. We were just discussing high oxalates too...
  13. Adlyfrost

Wow, I have had very similar experiences @ukxmrv and @Effi ! To be fair, I can't nor do I have any intention of giving up my morning bone broth! And raw vegan is is very hard cuz I too can't tolerate: 1. high oxalates- poisons!!!! (spinach, chard, beets, etc) 2. must keep cruciferous LOW...
  14. Adlyfrost

Thanks @Crux. I do not get this problem myself from cooked processed cocoa. Raw cacao made me feel like this though. Perhaps the break down of high nitrate foods in the gut makes all the difference then. Interesting. Also I got the same side effects from taking citrulline and citrulline...
  15. Adlyfrost

Yes I eliminated all high oxalate foods- esp chard, beets and spinach which are like poison to me and it helped greatly! But didn't fix the problem. I am looking for a product called oxalobacter for the gut - a probiotic missing in people who have trouble with oxalates.
  16. Adlyfrost

Thank you for your reply @Freddd . I'm on 100 mcg's of methyfolate and any more and the above symptoms you listed do tend to appear. I had tried to shoot for 800mcg's + in the past but my muscles felt like rubber bands being twisted so tight they would break, including my heart. It was the...
  17. Adlyfrost

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J092v08n02_04?journalCode=icfs20 This article talks about elevated nitric oxide and CFS and how hydroxocobalamin may help. However in my experience I think my levels may fluctuate and sometimes I need more NO and must eat more greens for energy and...
  18. Adlyfrost

I have always felt hyper and a little poisoned after eating too much raw greens, carrot juice and beets. After eliminating high oxalates I couldn't figure out why. I thought possibly: overmethylation from lots of folinic acid OR too much nitric oxide turning into dangerous levels of...
  19. Adlyfrost

Anyone else going raw-vegan or almost raw vegan for CFS? What have been your issues regarding: methylation? oxalates? managing sugar levels? The raw vegan gurus on the web who have cured themselves of cancer, etc, don't address our issues, IMO. Looking for support and to share what has...
  20. Adlyfrost

Potential risks of thiol supps: IV glutathione, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) etc

2 Q's: 1. Taking 600 mg TIME RELEASED ALA and doing well on it as long as I don't take caffeine with it- supposed to release for 12 hours. If I took this 2x a day- would this be as good as Cutler's protocol (but without waking up in the middle of the night to take it) ? 2. Anyone get severe...
  21. Adlyfrost

Antiviral or Methylation? To be or not be?

IMO, metal / mercury fillings can contribute to chronic fatigue but can be replaced with non-toxic ones. Water also can be poisoned with heavy metals or other pollutants esp. if it is from a well. Since I haven't been able to get mine tested I drink bottled water.
  22. Adlyfrost

Antiviral or Methylation? To be or not be?

Hi Farthan. Here are considerations- hope this helps! 1. One can find info on good anti-viral doctor John Chia by googling him. Some (though very few) of his patients were cured with antivirals. Though it is difficult to be his patient one can sometimes find a doctor nearby who can prescribe...
  23. Adlyfrost

Any point trying L-glutathione

If you have variants on SNP's SHMT, CTN, GSTP1 or GSTM1 deletion it could be very difficult for you to make glutathione, which is the case for me and supplementation has been a lifesaver. However, make sure you take a Glutathione recycler because it becomes a free radical when it neutralizes...
  24. Adlyfrost

I have CBS and need help with a low sulfur diet

According to this, it is much better to eat boiled cabbage than any flesh food. Boiling sulfur veggies seems to greatly reduce sulfur, unless I am reading this wrong.
  25. Adlyfrost

I have CBS and need help with a low sulfur diet

The LOW-DOWN on sulphur containing foods- finally!!! Check out this document! Being a vegetarian could be very helpful: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1264524/pdf/biochemj01022-0143.pdf
  26. Adlyfrost

Methylfolate by itself?

Also @boo85 : 2 things: 1. PROFOUND difference between Jarrow methylB12 and enymatic therapy methyl B12- enzymatic therapy sooooo much LESS side effects! 2. I got a flush from hell after taking 100 mg's regular niacin once. And it didn't work that well. Nicotinic acid (aka slow release- make...
  27. Adlyfrost

Methylfolate by itself?

I see you are COMT ++- I heard that can make one very susceptible to start-up B12 symptoms. That must be very tough!!! Thanks for the support. But here is the strange thing @Boo87 : I already went through all of that start-up stuff and finally started leveling off the last 3 weeks or so...
  28. Adlyfrost

Insitol hexanicotinate interfere with methylation?

This is also called no-flush niacin. Would like to take a supplement with 75mgs per serving but not sure.
  29. Adlyfrost

Methylfolate by itself?

Also, haven't tried TMG yet. What does that do anyway? Having a hard time figuring that out.