• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Martlet

Discussion of the NEW International Consensus Criteria

It seems that people are simply ignoring Kurt's request to discuss without flinging insults, so I am closing the thread.
  2. Martlet

A Message To Adin (for his eyes only)

Moderator: SaveMe... Whatever is posted in the forum is public information. If you want to send someone a private message, then do so by PM. If their box is full, then don't send the message. The instant anyone posts anything in a public forum, that material becomes available to all. And...
  3. Martlet

Petition AYME to Denounce PACE and SMILE

Moderator: In Vitro, your comments are offensive, whether or not you intended them that way. I will leave others to argue the points specific to this thread, but please do not disaparage care-givers! Instead, spend some time reading the forum rules, then you won't run afoul of them again.
  4. Martlet

Where is the post on Cort / Kurt and XMRV ?

Creating deliberate exceptions is the road to chaos. All other forum members would be well within their rights to demand the same allowances on every topic that stirs emotion. If people cannot debate while staying within the rules, which basically amount to the rules of common decency we are...
  5. Martlet

Depends what country you are in. In the UK, the defendent has to prove that the statement IS true.
  6. Martlet

Me thinketh the same thing. Me also thinketh that people with that much time imagine that moderators also have too much time on their hands. :cheeky grin:
  7. Martlet

That, Asleep, is a perfect example of a strong argument put excellently, without any need for moderation even if those who most disagree with you click a thousand "report post" buttons. Thanks!!!
  8. Martlet

Not sure who you are replying to, Eric.
  9. Martlet

I just snorted tea down my nose, thanks to that post! ;-) The post in question was way out of bounds and had it been against any other member, it would have gone completely in a puff of smoke!
  10. Martlet

Any experience with Savella?

LOL ... You are right! I think I will give it a shot. If everything goes as planned, we will be moving house in a couple of months, and I could really do with some relief. ggingues - Fortunately, we have Tricare, so what's covered here is covered globally. Also, my doc here has agreed to...
  11. Martlet

Mixed results then. My doc said he has no samples or he would have given me some. He also mentioned slow titration and said he would never give me the full recommended dose because I'm quite sensitive to meds, so that ties with what some of you are saying. But Otis, you mention rapid heart...
  12. Martlet

Article: Report - CFS Will Be on CBS National News Feb 23rd with Katie Couric and Nancy Klimas

I really hoped for more. A brief "It isn't all in their heads because they have proteins" would be meaningless to the in-law who told me to "try positive thinking," so I don't think it educated the public and we are already educated on biomarkers, not to mention, as Otis says, that there are...
  13. Martlet

Heaps Thanks for the info. Tramadol isn't touching the pain at the moment. I will look into baclofen though. I'm a bit nervous of the savella. I refused Cymbalta. Thanks again!
  14. Martlet

Just got back from my doctor's and he told me to research Savella to see if I want to give it a try for a severe fibro flare. I was wondering if anyone here has tried this medication and what effects it may have had. Thanks.
  15. Martlet

Article: Report - CFS Will Be on CBS National News Feb 23rd with Katie Couric and Nancy Klimas

Here's hoping. We just set the tv to record. Fingers crossed and, as the Germans would say, thumbs pressed!
  16. Martlet

NYT:" Psychotherapy Eases Chronic Fatigue, Study Finds"

Just catching up after a busy spell (house on market, trying to get documentation together to emigrate) and clicked on this thread, then the study. I am stunned! During the first three months after diagnosis, in 1992, I devised these really, really complicated graphs so I could see at a...
  17. Martlet

Are you convinced?

Helen - Your signature made me smile. Thanks. I needed it.
  18. Martlet

Are you convinced?

SaveMe ... No, you cannot delete posts or threads. That is a moderator/admin function, so please really consider what you have written before you click that " post" button. Others ... I don't have time or energy to go back through SaveMe's posts, but before telling someone that their posts...
  19. Martlet

No More Psychological Studies. An editorial, by Mindy Kitei

Moderator: There is altogether too much anger in this thread, with members attacking each other personally. Please will members refrain from such attacks, otherwise another otherwise good thread will be closed.
  20. Martlet

Newborn baby in need of prayers

I know, Kat. It's an astonishing difference. There is another photo of her and I swear she has a smile in her eyes, even though she is just one month old today. I will have to read that book. It sounds very uplifting.
  21. Martlet

Real estate debacle and living with CFS/ME

Hi Nancy, I'm Martlet and I'm trying to sell my house. :winking: Seriously, I do understand where you are at. We have had our own home for sale for almost a year. We are giving it until April, then if it hasn't sold, we will rent it out. Would that be a possibility for you? It at least...
  22. Martlet

I just got a new photo of baby Libby and talked to my cousin. She is now home and completely well. Just look at the difference between now and just a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop praising God. Again, thank you all for your prayers. See what wonders they do!
  23. Martlet

FALSEHOOD: HIV - nearly impossible to catch sexually

Closing this topic I am closing this topic as some of the views expressed are totally wrong, statistically, and are outright dangerous. HIV is readily transmitted sexually and any suggestion otherwise is misleading and, if believed by any readers, could lead to the loss of their health and...
  24. Martlet

UPDATE - PRAISE GOD! Baby Liberty Rose has had all the tubes and wires removed, is feeding properly, breathing nicely and if she carries on like this, will be allowed to go home later this week. Once again - Thanks to you all for prayers and thoughts. Martlet
  25. Martlet

You are right. Sorry.
  26. Martlet

Updating you as I get updates. Just talked to my cousin's husband and he said that little "Libby" was touch and go for that first 24 hours. I told him that you are all praying and he was so touched. He knows ME, from taking care of my cousin, and he really appreciated the fact that you are...
  27. Martlet

Thanks Dainty. The poor little thing is hooked up to all sorts of gadgets, but she breathed on her own this morning, although she is still receiving oxygen. Still not out of danger, but she is headed in the right direction. This picture was taken this morning.
  28. Martlet

Thank you all once again for your prayers. Liberty Rose is slightly improved, although not yet out of the woods and still very poorly, but we know that we worship and awesome and loving God, even as we intercede for this young life. I will keep you updated further as I receive news. And yes...
  29. Martlet

Thank you to all who are praying for little Liberty Rose. I will certainly keep you updated. This is the little one we are praying for, when she was just 24 hours old. She is in the UK and I am hoping her mother is able to snatch some sleep (poor woman - this is her fifth child and the...
  30. Martlet

All My cousin's daughter gave birth to baby Liberty Rose on New Year's Eve. Since then, little Liberty has had a couple of episodes where she stopped breathing and is now back in hospital. They think she may be having little heart attacks and are preparing to move her to a larger hospital...