• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum! Phoenix Rising is beginning a new chapter as Cort returns as administrator and owner of PR, with immediate effect! Cort, a person with ME/CFS/FM, founded the Phoenix Rising website in 2004, and the Forums in 2009. Over the...
  2. Phoenix Rising Team

Welcome to the "Other Health News and Research" forum!

Welcome to the "Other Health News and Research" forum! Here is the description for this non-ME/CFS science forum: Examples: Avoiding diagnostic errors in psychosomatic medicine: a case series study (Koyama et al., 2018)...
  3. Phoenix Rising Team

Welcome to the "Latest ME/CFS Research" forum!

Welcome to the "Latest ME/CFS Research" forum! Here is the description for this ME/CFS-only science forum: Examples: Neuroinflammation and Cytokines in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A Critical Review of Research Methods (VanElzakker et al., 2019)...
  4. Phoenix Rising Team

Rules for Posting About COVID-19 and the COVID Vaccines on PR

Posting About COVID-19 and the COVID Vaccines To keep Phoenix Rising free of conflict and political disputes around COVID-19 and the COVID vaccines, we ask that members only post information from peer-reviewed journal articles and news sources without a strong political bias. Links and...
  5. Phoenix Rising Team

Announcement Mary is Graduating!

Our tireless and wise moderator Mary is ‘stepping up’ from daily moderation tasks after three years of daily service to Phoenix Rising and all who come here for information, support and community. After today, Mary will be 'graduating' from active moderating duties to being a ‘moderator...
  6. Phoenix Rising Team

Announcement Support Phoenix Rising — Set your AmazonSmile charity to PR, and PR will get 0.5% on your future Amazon US purchases

Help With Phoenix Rising Running Costs: The running costs of Phoenix Rising (web server, insurance, accountant fees, etc) amount to quite a few thousand dollars per year. These costs are funded mainly by PR forum readers, who support PR via PayPal donations. But if PR can get more income from...
  7. Phoenix Rising Team

Announcement Support Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising is a non-profit charity run entirely by unpaid volunteers. We aim to provide support and community to patients, but we do have ongoing overhead expenses, so we need your help. Please consider donating to Phoenix Rising to support our work. All donations from US donors may be...
  8. Phoenix Rising Team

Privacy Settings

Privacy Settings To find your 'Privacy Settings' page: Click on your username Choose 'Privacy' from the drop down menu The following are the default settings: Please check your privacy settings and make sure they are the way you want them. Settings: Show Your Online Status: Tick this...
  9. Phoenix Rising Team

How to Use the +Multiquote Feature

The '+Multiquote' feature allows you to quote multiple posts in one thread or across different threads. How To Quote Multiple Posts from One Thread How To Quote Entire Posts Note: the quotes will appear in the order you '+Multiquote' them Locate the post you wish to quote Click on...
  10. Phoenix Rising Team

How to Start Your Own Group

Groups are a great way for members with similar interests to have their own space to discuss these interests. A Group can be about anything as long the topic falls within the Forum Rules. Members can create public, moderated, or private groups. To Start Your Group Click on the 'Groups' tab...
  11. Phoenix Rising Team

How To Start Your Own Blog

Starting your own Blog 'Blog' is an abbreviated version of 'weblog'. A blog features diary-type commentary and is usually presented as a list of entries in reverse chronological order. Members blog about different topics: treatment, interests, likes and dislikes, news/research related to...
  12. Phoenix Rising Team

How to Edit a Post

Editing/Prettying up your post WYSIWYG versus BB Code Editor The 'Rich Text Editor' is the default editor. This editor allows you to create posts using What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get or WYSIWYG editing. You can create tables, embed images, bold and italicize, add smilies and more without having...
  13. Phoenix Rising Team

How To Add Pictures or Media Files

Adding a Picture to a Post There are two different ways of uploading a picture to your post. 1. Uploading a Picture from your Computer Click on "Upload a File" (just below Post Reply Box), a pop-up will appear that says 'Upload a file from your Computer' Click on 'Browse', a pop-up will...
  14. Phoenix Rising Team

How To Add an Avatar

An avatar is a picture that represents you on the forum. It can be a picture of yourself or an image you like. Your avatar appears in your profile and anywhere your username appears (posts, blogs, etc.) If you choose not to upload an avatar, you will be represented by a generic picture of a...
  15. Phoenix Rising Team

Conversations

Conversations On this forum Private Messages (PMs) are called Conversations. You can start a Conversation with another forum member by clicking on there username, and then pressing the Start Conversation button in the pop-up box which appears: If a member has set their privacy settings to...
  16. Phoenix Rising Team

Account Settings

Account Settings You can find your Account Settings by clicking on your username at page top right, and then on the pop-up menu which appears, clicking on Account Details. From there you can select from different options: Your Profile This is where you find tabs for: Profile Posts -- you...
  17. Phoenix Rising Team

Subscribing/Watching

Subscribing/Watching Threads and Forums Subscribing to a Thread/Watching a Thread You can have threads sent directly to your email if you don't want to log on to the forum to see threads you are interested in Go to the thread that you’re interested in and click on ‘Watch Thread' on the right...
  18. Phoenix Rising Team

User Manual

The User Manual pages describe all the main features of the forums and blogs, including descriptions of known problems you may encounter. If you are having difficulty using the forums, or can't find out how to do something, please look in the User Manual first. If you still can't find the...
  19. Phoenix Rising Team

Getting Started

Welcome to the Phoenix Rising Forums! - the largest ME/CFS forum and the largest database of articles and posts about ME/CFS on the web. Whether you're a patient, a carer, a physician, a researcher, or simply interested in finding out more about ME/CFS, we hope you'll receive a warm welcome from...
  20. Phoenix Rising Team

Posting Guidelines

The following are guidelines to help members of Phoenix Rising interact with clarity and goodwill and also to navigate the forums with ease. Forum communication is different from face to face communication but both have standards of etiquette that facilitate mutual understanding and clarity...
  21. Phoenix Rising Team

Moderation Team

The Moderation Team Lead has overall responsibility for Moderation decisions and for the management of the Moderation team. Contact the Moderation Team Lead if you are interested in becoming a moderator you wish to complain about the decision or behavior of one of the moderators you have...
  22. Phoenix Rising Team

Moderation

This page explains how moderation works on these forums. It explains the purpose of moderation, what moderators do when a breach of the rules is reported to us, and the steps we go through before deciding to suspend or ban a member. It also explains how members should respond when they are...
  23. Phoenix Rising Team

Forum Rules Explained

This post provides further clarification of the forum rules. It explains the reasons why these rules exist, and an explanation of how they are applied. All members are strongly encouraged to read this explanation in order to fully understand the rules of the forum. The rules are stated below in...
  24. Phoenix Rising Team

Forum Rules

It is very important that all members take some time to read and understand the Forum Rules, Terms and Conditions, and the Moderation information, before posting on the forums. Please read the rules below carefully, and also read Forum Rules Explained, so that you understand the standards of...
  25. Phoenix Rising Team

Creating an account

Signing Up If you're not already a member of the forum, you can sign up through the 'Log in or Sign up' button at the top right of this page. You should then receive a confirmation email, and you must click on the link in this email in order to proceed. If you do not receive this confirmation...
  26. Phoenix Rising Team

Contact us

Got something to say? We welcome learning how you believe Phoenix Rising can best support the ME/CFS community and we'll do our best to help with any issues or problems you might have. For forum matters Members can contact one of the moderators by starting a Conversation with them. Members...
  27. Phoenix Rising Team

About Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising provides patients with the illness chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS) information they can use to enhance their health, helping them to find the best doctors, make appropriate treatment choices, build communities, and thrive as a patient group. Phoenix...
  28. Phoenix Rising Team

Ottawa IACFS/ME CFS Conference IV: The Immune System!

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post: Ottawa IACFS/ME CFS Conference IV: The Immune System! Posted by Cort Johnson Montoya Calls for New Research Focus The Immune System! The ever-present, ever complex immune system - a place of so many hopes in CFS and such a tough nut to crack...
  29. Phoenix Rising Team

P2P, or not P2P, that is the question

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post: P2P, or not P2P, that is the question As the 16 January, 2015 deadline for responding to the controversial P2P draft report draws near, and in the interests of balance and representing the whole community, Phoenix Rising presents two differing...
  30. Phoenix Rising Team

Dr. Kerr, I presume?

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post: Dr. Kerr, I presume? Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia. Dr. Jonathan Kerr is regarded as one of Britain’s foremost myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome...