• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Y

Doctor in Ahseville, NC area

Why not Hunter Hopkins? I just moved to the area and was hoping they might be useful.
  2. Y

How long before low dose naltrexone works?

I started LDN this month at .5 mg, then 1 mg, then 1.5 mg. It was wonderful for pain -- better than Tramadol -- and made me fairly alert. BUT, It made me feel very, very depressed and unable to handle stress at all. I was on Famvir, which already makes me depressed and emotional. HHV6, HSV1...
  3. Y

Low dose Naltrexone

Marlene, Could you send me the same reply you sent CBS64? I have felt this year like I had no ability to handle any stress -- not producing cortisol. Starting LDN this month, I feel like I handle stress even less well. I don't know what to do instead. I have no idea how to find a "neural...
  4. Y

my famvir trial

Has anyone had hyperglycemia as a famvir side effect? I just tested very high, and it explains weight loss, etc. No one on either side of my family has ever had diabetes, so I do not believe insulin production is the cause. Thank you.
  5. Y

my famvir trial

I have asked my internist who gave the Famvir scrip. He has no idea and just said maybe i caught a cold.. I ask here because I thought some of you may be working with docs who are more experienced with Famvir than my Internist. Are the "cold" symptoms you get when on Famvir typical cold...
  6. Y

my famvir trial

Clive and All, I really need your help. I do not know what to do now. I have experimented with Famvir the past several months and even on taking the 2nd pill I began to have swollen throat, swollen larynx, laryngitis, swollen lymph nodes, cough with lots of clear phlegm. When I stayed on...