• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Low Melanin/Pale Skin

It looks like oxidative stress and excess ROS are driving excess melanin production. Excess ROS is involved with skin problems in general along with diseases and aging. I've just started ordering products from 'The Ordinary'. They have a lot of serums. The vitamin C suspension is what I'm...
  2. C

Long Covid: Summary of discussions

L- lysine for calcium absorption from intestines. It also lowers urinary calcium elimination.
  3. C

Low Melanin/Pale Skin

Some of the stuff is hemosiderin, an iron product, along with melanin. My hyperpigmentation has improved a lot since I started taking copper glycinate to regulate the iron, but, I'm still splotchy. My estrogen has bottomed out, so that's not the cause. I'll do some searching.
  4. C

Alternatives to Fosamax?

Hi @lenora ; I've been taking a PTH analog, teriparatide , Forteo, for about 5-6 months now. You inject it once daily and it comes in the mail, must remain in refrigerator. Yeah, that's a hassle, but since I have severe osteoporosis, the endo. insisted. I don't know if it's building bone, but...
  5. C

Carnivore diet reduces bloating

nope, read about vitamin k deficiency, folate, and calcium
  6. C

high blood pressure but paradox reactions to potential treatment, whats going on?

One of copper's antimicrobial effects is its forming H2O2, which can sting. Also, copper is needed to form collagen and elastin, yours may be low. With copper deficiency, there can be nerve damage, which makes them sensitive. btw, I added curcumin about 10 days ago to normalize blood pressure...
  7. C

Trying Colloidal Silver. Instructions? Probiotics?

I've had better antimicrobial results from copper glycinate. There's also a colloidal copper that is milder. Copper compounds are good for menstrual bleeding especially if iron is low. Calcium chelate is good for excess bleeding and cramping.
  8. C

How does Vitamin A (and D) work in regards to blood calcium?

The reasons for hypercalcemia are many. Hypervitaminosis A is one, as is excess vitamin D. You can have high calcium in blood and osteoporosis at the same time. Some people tolerate higher doses of preformed vitamin A, depending on absorption , needs, etc. If someone has liver or kidney...
  9. C

My neuropathy flares up whenever my gut/digestive symptoms do?

Here's a paper, long and complicated, about neurotransmitters and ibs: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8347293/
  10. C

How does Vitamin A (and D) work in regards to blood calcium?

Vitamin D also increases the uptake of phosphorus, which is antagonistic to calcium. Vitamin A in high amounts can antagonize vitamin D, calcium too. High calcium in blood serum may be from loss of it from bone. I've personally had extreme anxiety symptoms from low calcium and higher phosphorus.
  11. C

My neuropathy flares up whenever my gut/digestive symptoms do?

Citicoline helped my constipation. It is used to make acetylcholine which is used for gut motility, peristalsis. I don't have gastroparesis. Choline deficiency has been mentioned as one cause of it. Citicoline has a lower amount of phosphorus. Phosphorus can cause constipation and cramping in...
  12. C

high blood pressure but paradox reactions to potential treatment, whats going on?

I started this trial 8 days ago with 100mg. of coq10 with vitamin e. 4 days ago, I switched to ubiquinol 200mg. I'm having some inflammation with the ubiq. It contains mct oil. I've had inflammation from higher doses of mct before, so not sure if such a small dose would cause this. Today I'm...
  13. C

That's just wrong. Delicious cheese. Most high calcium foods are also high in phosphorus. Greens like collards and kale are great. where do you get all that vitamin K ? I would never tell you to lower cheese. You're well versed in Pi. I don't know anymore. I'll just say that I'm starting...
  14. C

I have some colloidal copper put into nasal spray bottle. When I have a reaction to something, I spray into sinuses, even eyes . :jaw-drop: It helps a lot. Are you not getting enough vitamin C ? It and B6 are needed for histamine metabolism. That's a lot of phosphorus. I'm sure you know...
  15. C

I have negative effects from too much phosphorus, which vitamin D increases. The soft gel cap is gelatin that contains vitamin and olive oil, glycerine. 400 iu. NOW foods. nbd. Your type would be fine to rub into skin. Some people react to MCT oil. I take 2.5 mg. of copper glycinate for...
  16. C

This looks strange, when now calcium is low normal as is sodium. Potassium is normal. I wonder what phosphorus is now. Perhaps the empagliflozin caused low sodium. Have you had parathyroid hormone checked ? PTH I'm trialing Ubiqinol to stabilize and lower BP. It still fluctuates too much...
  17. C

@LINE , Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Potassium increase NO and are protective of it. Unfortunately, low NO isn't the only cause of hypertension.
  18. C

This happened to me yesterday. I took extra potassium and magnesium and blood pressure went high. Awoke at 2 am with cramps and numbness in lower legs. This happens when my calcium is low. I took extra calcium chelate and felt better in an hour or so. BP is 120-130/ 81-84 today, but was high...
  19. C

What Choline supplement do you take with Acetyl-l-Carnitine (for cognitive boost)?

I'm taking citicoline and not taking acetyl-l-carnitine now. I restarted citicoline because food wasn't effective enough to lower blood pressure. It is giving me a cognitive boost. Function was really sinking. Good results.
  20. C

Headaches .....share

I used to get headaches from sibo infections. The body will make nitric oxide to fight them. It is a vasodilator. Taking antibiotics helped that. Now I get headaches from low calcium. Calcium regulates contraction and expansion of vessels. The mechanism is not known, I've read. Too much...
  21. C

Can anyone have regular good sleep without a medication to help?

I forgot to add that I still take 1000 mg. tryptophan and 1 mg. melatonin. They still help a little.
  22. C

Can anyone have regular good sleep without a medication to help?

I'm beginning to sleep pretty well now. It may change, but I'll risk posting about it anyway. Taking calcium chelate for over a year now has been the strongest factor for regular sleep . Potassium still helps a little. Before calcium chelate, I couldn't tolerate magnesium, but now I can, if...
  23. C

Muscular Dystrophy-like Symptoms

Calcium phosphate product can form almost anywhere in the body, we mostly read about vascular calcifications. There are causes, such as injury, or excess phosphorus that overwhelms the body's means to excrete it, and so on. Excess phosphorus binds calcium and forms deposits in arteries, organs...
  24. C

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

After taking calcium chelate for over a year now, I can also take magnesium glycinate. It's hard to believe. This has further improved sleep, anxiety, and irritability. Both calcium chelate and magnesium glycinate bind and remove phosphorus, which disturbs my sleep among other things. This is...
  25. C

Vitamin D

This happened to me when my calcium intake was too low. It took over a year of taking calcium to be able to use vitamin D transdermally . This is pretty extreme, but it did help.
  26. C

Researchers say they have found a link in the pathology between long COVID and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

Sorry to read this too ! We've lost cats to CKD. I've been making their food. I suspect it was too low in calcium. Phosphorus accumulates. common in CKD. There's research supporting treatment using calcium and chitosan. I'm adding calcium gluconate and chitosan to the food we're feeding our...
  27. C

Carnivore diet reduces bloating

After a year on carnivore, I began to have nosebleeds, sensitive gums and sinuses, along with dizziness, etc. Found it was low vitamin K, Folate, Calcium, and more. These nutrients can be found in carnivore, but they need to be sought out. Any diet can have deficiencies, I think it's a good...
  28. C

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

Choline supplements are over stimulating to me too, even though I keep trying them from time to time. I 'm back again to foods. I can tolerate eggs( high in choline) even though they are high in phosphorus, which gives me insomnia. ( sunflower lecithin is high in phosphorus) Beef liver is high...
  29. C

I have developed symptoms of heart failure. How can I find out whats going on?

When first starting keto, I got the miserable ' keto rash'. I read that it was possibly from a histamine reaction. After reading about histamine metabolism, I suspected low copper. Not only is copper good for histamine excess, but it regulates iron, keeping it from accumulating in organs like...