• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

I switched over from Jarrow to Enzymatic Therapy recently. I noticed some mild tooth sensitivity with Jarrow in certain areas of my mouth but the ET tabs make my teeth hurt more no matter where I place it. When it's under my tongue, it will ache under there too. Plus they dissolve much faster...
  2. K

Question about forms of folate

Thanks Rich! I think I actually understood that - amazing. A nod to new-found clearer thinking that it starting to happen on my part. I don't know if I'm someone who has a problem with folates or not, I'm leaning towards not. I've ordered the 23andme genetic test that was on sale. Do you think...
  3. K

Thanks Rich. So one of the differences when looking at the words in the L in front. I ordered a B vitamin with Folate (100 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 100 mcg as 5-Methyl-tetrahydrofolate). So what does it have in it? No L but still Methyl not formyl-tetrahydrofolate. And what is Calcium Folinate?
  4. K

Ok, I'm confused because isn't L-5 methyl-tetrahydrofolate also known as Folinic Acid? But Solgar Folate is listed as (L-methylfolate - Metafolin), which is not the same as L-5 methyl-tetrahydrofolate/Folinic Acid.
  5. K

Dosages for Protocols and how much may be too much?

What dosages are people taking of the supplements in these protocols and what brands are you using? How long did it take you to build up to the current dosages? I have such a hard time retaining info (especially numbers) I'm just hoping to reference one thread instead of looking through 10...
  6. K

Just found out I'm histamine intolerant, does that mean undermethylated too?

I was taking the mag chloride (liquid form), a B-Right with 25mg B6 and a then added separate 100 mg B6 at the same time. D'oh - too much B6 for me it seems. I looked up high histamine foods and I've been eating spinach, tomatoes, raisins, grapefruit and parm cheese this week. An increase in...
  7. K

Yep, I'm having that too, headaches and motion sickness. I'll have to look into high histamine foods and see if I'm eating them too. Thanks.
  8. K

Minniemom, just wondering what did you experience with this histamine sensitivity? I think added B6 caused some issues with me when I started taking it recently with magnesium chloride, primarily a burning upset stomach, which I've not experienced with the Mag alone. Possibly some redness/rash...
  9. K

OI/Pots pain and Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Thanks for the info. I had a CT of my lumber spine 15 yrs ago, have never had an MRI. Only cervical xrays were taking following whiplash and at that time several Rheumy's dx'd me with Fibro. I had a normal sed rate. My back/pelvic and hip pain in particular seems to increase when estrogen is...
  10. K

Rash/Lesion Start Up From Methylation Protocols

I mentioned before I've had a niacin type flush, which is very itchy and unpleasant, when I've taken MB12. The itching lasts about a 1/2 hour and the redness an hour. I now know that this only happens when I take the MB12 and I lay with a hot pad on my low back. The nights I take the MB12...
  11. K

OI/Pots pain and Ankylosing Spondylitis?

I started to have serious low back problems in my mid-late 20's (now I'm in my early 40's) and thinking back I also developed OI/POTS symptoms around the same time, I just didn't know what OI/POTS then. Even as a teenager I had back pain. I was dx'd with DDD/mechanical low back problems before I...
  12. K

So, you personally notice that folic/folinic acid blocks the benefits of Metafolin, but that's not what other people (such as Laurie and Danny) report as 'detox' symptoms in regards to the Folic/Folinic acid, is it? What are some of the 'detox' symptoms? Headaches/fatigue? FWIW, I think the...
  13. K

Freddd, can you explain what you mean by slow turnover of adb12 in mitochondria? Is it simply that a little goes a long way or that it stays in the mitochondria longer and doesn't need to be 'refilled' as often. I'm taking Adb12 every day and much higher ratio of it to Mb12. I was taking the...
  14. K

I'm definitely someone who notices a difference between Mb12 and Adb12. I also have a history of working with chemicals yrs ago, developed lead poisoning and MCS, so perhaps that puts me in the 'toxic burden' category. Within a 1/2 hr of taking the Mb12 I'm drowsy/groggy and ready for bed, not...
  15. K

Can anyone help with NutrEval results?

Hi Minniemom, welcome to the forum. That looks like a very detailed test. Wish I could help you. I took the Genova MAP test, which is the same as pages 7-10 of your test results and I don't know what any of it means. It's interesting to compare my values with yours, but that's it. For...
  16. K

? Exercise for disabled PWCs with OI and PEM

Wish I knew. It just started suddenly like a niacin type of flush, burning, very itchy skin and red patches. I thought maybe something to do with histamine and oddly, I upped the dose back to where it was the last 2 nights and didn't have reaction. Maybe just a fluke(?) I'm taking the Jarrow...
  17. K

? Exercise for disabled PWCs with OI and PEM

xchocoholic, I've been following your updates because it sounds like we've been going along the same path. I started Adb12 last summer too and it's made a remarkable difference to me for increased energy, less PEM, clearer thinking and much less pain. I started taking folapro and MethylB12 along...
  18. K

Adenosylcobalamin (dibencozide)

I gotta say I like it. I've found that with Melatonin too in the past, kind of hit and miss. I think it's the combination of the Melatonin, maybe the B's before bed that make me sleepy and the light therapy in the morning. I don't think any one of them would have the same effect as all of them...
  19. K

I've not found AdB12 on it's own locally (Canada), it's bundled in small amounts with cyanB12 if available. I'm just starting to see MethylB12 in some select places and can't find HydroxyB12 anywhere around here. That's exactly what I was like for as long as I can remember. I got my best...
  20. K

I took Glutamine, Betaine HCL and Lactoferrin before I really started the methylation protocols and they seemed to help me. Didn't seem to bother me a great deal at least, but honestly I'm not very observant to always recognize that A is causing B, unless it's a blatant reaction. I keep...
  21. K

LaurieL, that's good to know. I feel a little odd after taking the Adb12 and B-right, can't explain the feeling exactly but it's not overly bothersome. I didn't have any issues with the methylB12, but suddenly one day while it was still dissolving in my mouth, my skin flushed, burned and itched...
  22. K

I recently saw an article come through the Prohealth site that talks about B-12 deficiency specifically. http://www.prohealth.com/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=13595&B1=EP021811&slvor=10595.1033118.0.1.0.14790&eid It says that Adb12, besides being essential for energy metabolism, is...
  23. K

New methylation article posted by Dr. Neil Nathan

I'm waiting for mine. It should be here soon. I'm looking forward to trying to understand this all a bit better (I hope). Thanks for this info (and all the info you supply), Rich!
  24. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

From what I've been reading this reaction seems similar to a niacin flush, but that doesn't make sense to me if it happens in relationship to taking Methylb12 and not niacin. I also read that you should not drink hot beverages around the time you take niacin because that may increase the...
  25. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Freddd, I've been using the Jarrow 1000 mcg. Down to a 1/4 tab is only 250 mcg + the 100 mcg in the Jarrow B-Right. I'll try a different brand and see if the issue continues. It will probably take me awhile for me the Enzymatic Therapy mailed here, is it wise to continue with (Country...
  26. K

I'm having a rash or flushing or something that seems to be linked to taking the methylb12. I've been taking Adb12, B-Right, Folapro and Methylb12 for a while now and been feeling better, without any adverse reactions. Last wk I put a Adb12 and Methylb12 together under my tongue for the first...
  27. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I really didn't want to replicate it because it's pretty unpleasant, but the same reaction happened again tonight. I didn't take the pills over the weekend, or at least didn't take any mb12 and only started them again today. I took the adb12 around 5pm, the B-Right and 1/4 folapro around 9pm and...
  28. K

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Ok, I just had a bad reaction and it's something I've not experienced before. I've been taking Adenosylb12 (1 Country Life tab) sublingually in the morning and then 1 B-Right and a 1/4 tab Folapro together in the evening and then 1/2 a Methylb12 tab sublingually shortly after that, before bed...
  29. K

Should I fix my sleep pattern

I'm sorry to hear that Caledonia. I read about that when I was researching about sleep disorders and it sounded awful. I found a really good article about it, but I can't find it now. I think it's called Non-24-h sleep-wake syndrome, although I think that particular article called it something...
  30. K

My new compression stockings-question for ya

I was talking to a 'fitter' at a place where you get the prescription ones and she said with the pantyhose types the compression stops at the top of the legs. (??) I bought some at a different place but like you said Sasha they sure seems to squish the belly in. Don't know if it was an upset...