• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

Here's an update. After I posted last year, I went on a vacation in July. We spent a couple of days in Boston and unfortunately I overdid it. We walked about 7 or 8 miles one day on the Freedom Trail, but what really blew a fuse was climbing up and down the Bunker Hill Monument. Big mistake...
  2. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

You will. Just never stop trying no matter how long it takes you.
  3. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

I will PM you. Glad to hear that you are much better too :)
  4. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

I'm sorry if my comment about the immune system makes no sense. I have no medical training and I am just recounting what the doctor told me in the Fall of 2013. My memory could be faulty and/or my doctor was putting things in a too simplistic manner so that I could somewhat grasp the concept...
  5. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

Before I started the peptides, I was told by my doctor that there was no guarantee that the peptide shots would work. You just had to try them and see. If they did not start to work within three shots, there is no sense in continuing the full series of 12.
  6. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

Look up rotary diversified diet on the internet. Better yet buy the book, An Alternative Approach to Allergies, The Field of Clinical Ecology Unravels the Environmental Causes of Mental and Physical Ills by Theron G. Randolph and Ralph W. Moss. It's only about $15. Then give it a try to see...
  7. Hugocfs

How I recovered.

A few of you know me. I was on disability due to cfs/me and use to post on a regular basis. For the most part, I have recovered so I thought I would share my experiences in case someone else might be able to benefit. I began the "Oxford" peptide shots starting in early September of 2013. By...
  8. Hugocfs

Source of electric roasted coffee

Some people are sensitive to chemicals including natural gas. When the coffee is roasted with natural gas, it gets contaminated in the process. Electric roasted coffee obviously doesn't have this problem. So my feeling of being too wired may not necessarily be from the caffeine or the coffee...
  9. Hugocfs

Source of electric roasted coffee

My doctor recently put me on Theron Randolph's rotary diversified diet. I have seen a definite improvement. On the days I am allowed to drink coffee, I have a lot of energy. However, it has a too wired feeling to it. Perhaps I would do better on electric-roasted coffee rather than the...
  10. Hugocfs

EEOC anyone?

Abbydear, Everything you write is so spot on. It's almost like humans have this animalistic tendency to attack the weak one in their own herd. I don't get it. To me, it is just reprehensible and unforgivable. Fortunately nothing was stolen from me except information (take home pay for both...
  11. Hugocfs

EEOC anyone?

@minkeygirl I bet their little brother does hate me so much too. @WillowJ Thanks for the kind sentiments. @maryb I'll talk to my boss today when he calls in and insist on separate meetings. And today I will write bullet points on what needs to be discussed with them individually plus...
  12. Hugocfs

EEOC anyone?

I returned to work part-time (2 hours per day) on November 1, 2013 and started 8 hours days on January 31st. Since then I have been gradually improving for which I feel truly blessed. However, little did I know the degree of hostility I would be facing at this point. When my star fell at work...
  13. Hugocfs

Doctor in Philadelphia area

Probably best to head to NYC to see Dr. Levine. If you really need to stay closer to home, check out this list. http://www.co-cure.org/USA_PA.htm I haven't heard anything about them. Perhaps someone else has some input? Yo, need a little help here (Rocky voice).
  14. Hugocfs

Anyone use Pot for anxiety and stress?

It's a pesticide for the mind. The government wants you to do it. Don't give them the control.
  15. Hugocfs

Chit Chat

On a roll here, three weeks in a row I made it to church, I love it and Him!
  16. Hugocfs

Rejected by SSDI, What next?

No surprise there. So question at this point: With the first appeal, is it advisable to get an attorney? What may influence your response is that I have been feeling better lately and started making an attempt to go back to work part-time as of November 1. Maybe my question is moot as...
  17. Hugocfs

Detox questions

You may want to watch this. And then bite the (non-lead) bullet and get that amalgam out. You'll be wasting your money chelating until you get rid of it.
  18. Hugocfs

How long does it take you to get over a cold?

What cold? I've had only two in the last 4 years since I came down with this crap disease. Go figure.
  19. Hugocfs

Chit Chat

I've been feeling better and went to Church for the first time in almost 3 months. I went to a Salvationist church, and they had the best preacher I have ever heard. His sermon was entitled "How do you deal with your midnight?" It was the perfect topic for me today. One of the last things he...
  20. Hugocfs

Detox questions

For mercury, arsenic, and cadmium, I use Quicksilver Scientific Clearway Cofactors and Intestinal Metal Detox plus S-acetyl glutathione. For lead and pesticides, I use Pectasol Detox Formula. For herbicides and mold toxins, I use bentonite clay. For hydrocarbons, I use charcoal. In my mind...
  21. Hugocfs

'Myth of the Role of Saturated Fat in Heart Disease'

Also, my mom has only been treated for high cholesterol for about 10 years. She is repeatedly on and off of statins, because she has problems tolerating the side effects too.
  22. Hugocfs

'Myth of the Role of Saturated Fat in Heart Disease'

My cholesterol is high, in rough numbers total is 270, ldl is 205, and hdl is 40. My gp is obsessed with getting my ldl down to 130. 'This is not negotiable' were basically his words. Even with statins, I could not obtain that goal. And I could not tolerate the side effects. Same thing...
  23. Hugocfs

What keeps you holding on.........

You may want to check out (literally from your library if it is available) a book called "a Guide to the Good Life" by William B. Irvine.
  24. Hugocfs

Puzzling Reaction

I forgot to mention that I am trying to drink about a gallon a day. And I tend to salt food heavily as well. Like ahimsa, this is on top of drinking the homemade electrolyte solution.
  25. Hugocfs

Simple instructions to e-mail the President's science advisers to cancel contract with IOM

This one came back as undeliverable. Do you have a better email address for Osama's science advisors?
  26. Hugocfs

Simplified instructions for e-mailing President Obama to stop the IOM contract

Rest assured everyone. Now that I have contacted POTUS and VPOTUS, cancellation will be coming in short order.
  27. Hugocfs

New simple instructions to e-mail your congressional representatives to cancel IOM contract

Thanks a million. It is done. I can handle simple. Always like to operate on the KISS principle whenever possible.:thumbsup: