• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Reddit moderators deleting posts of people claiming they developed long covid from vaccine

People with immune system abnormalities are often prohibited from getting vaccines, even well proven vaccines that are safe for everyone else. Many if not most of us have some sort of immune system abnormality. Speaking about this seems to be prohibited in the modern equivalent of the town square.
  2. H

Anyone think Trump will get CFS after treating his COVID w/ dexamethasone?

If anything, he now seems better than before. That virus never had a chance.
  3. H

Vaccinations with ME

It’s an individual thing. If your MD (not N.D!) knows your history and thinks x or y vax is not worth the risk for *you*, that’s a strong data point to not do it. Given the severe state you’ve been in previously, some small stimulus such as a vaccine is best avoided unless the need is dire. It...
  4. H

Air purifiers - are they worth it?

Short: No. A typical air filter can't take out any gasses nor enough small particles nor can it filter the air in your full living space. Longer: IF you have a modest space (such as one room) which is less leaky than a typical room (if it's older than 25 years, forget it), and you have a...
  5. H

Supplements found to be fairly useless

"What today is laughed at can be tomorrow best wisdom." But usually not. The town lunatic of 1655 would be considered just as crazy today as then. The pyramid power hucksters of yesteryear became the crystal sellers of yesterday and the industrial bleach (Miracle Mineral Supplement) pushers of...
  6. H

Supplements found to be fairly useless

Many supplements are manufactured by the same corporate groups that own "big pharma". Given a choice between a large corp which has an entire QC department and plans to be around in 5 years vs a little company which has next to zero assets, nothing to lose and can disappear next week, I'll...
  7. H

American supplements may contain nothing.

I’ve had great experiences with Kirkland products, e.g., I bought their almonds for 3.50/lb, they turned out to be better than Whole Foods’ which cost 3x. Costco is weird; they pay their employees so much that Wall Street complained, yet their stuff is always better than you’d expect from a...
  8. H

American supplements may contain nothing.

Supplements are in practice unregulated by the FDA. The FDA can act regarding a supplement -only- if it is found to contain a substance defined as a prescription drug or has caused multiple severe events AND those events have been traced to the supplement, which requires a fair bit of detective...
  9. H

Few physical differences found between healthy individuals and those afflicted chronic fatigue syndrome (sciencenordic.com)

You can't find a thing when you don't know what you're looking for don't have the ability to see it. Whatever is up with us does not show up on standard tests, and the mechanism of malfunction is unknown. Perhaps it is due to a currently unknown process, one which happens within a cell or...
  10. H

Locate existing super foods, compounds or drugs

The first part is basically most foods above the level of Twinkies. This part "processed or natural supplements or (ethical or otherwise) drug structures? " is just about anything, from vegetable powders (better to eat the actual veggie) to 'roids. What I've seen is that there's a new...
  11. H

Locate existing super foods, compounds or drugs

What is the clinical definition of superfood? Have any food been proven to meet that definition?
  12. H

Timed Release Drug Delivery System of Curcumin (Turmeric) Stops Bone Cancer Cell Growth

From the abstract (full paper is not free). "in vitro osteosarcoma (bone cancer) cells " That means the experiment was conducted in a piece of lab glassware. Things that work in a lab dish frequently (as in, usually) don't work out in humans, at least not live ones. So...
  13. H

Dr David Tuller: Jennie Spotila's Latest NIH Funding Fact-Check June 19th 2019

They're throwing us in the trash. HIV/AIDS has had a known cause, known reliable method of prevention and for a decade known effective treatments, yet hundreds of millions are still thrown at it. There are not unlimited numbers of talented researchers nor will there ever be, there are not...
  14. H

Is there any positive upcoming news???

Medicine isn't Eastern, Western, Northern or Pelagic. It either works or it doesn't.
  15. H

Fundraising for Clinical Study for Potential ME/CFS Treatment

Petersen is far from nobody, he's been treating people with this class of disease since Incline Village. 2c: It won't be any sort of miracle cure, but if it leads to one of the few existing treatments being approved and thus covered by one's insurance, it's a significant step forward. Any...
  16. H

Anyone heard of functional neurological disorder?

Every time I read of a millennial who wants to bring NHS to the USA, I think of cases like this. Of course, their response to describing cases like rhis would be “LOL”. @Research 1st Your fortitude in standing up to this BS is amazing. Don’t give up!
  17. H

how relevant is EMF to ME/CFS?

if you asked a jury whether a horseless carriage powered by lamp oil could drive at 100 mph, you'd have been laughed of the courtroom. If juries could decide science, we would have had modern biology 2000 years ago - just get a jury together and they could correctly decide all scientific...
  18. H

starving with keto

"i met somebody who was a huge fan of Aajonus Vonderplanitz , the guy who spreaded the "raw primal diet" please vegans , this could be a trigger post for you ." Taking diet or health advice from random strangers, stuff promoted on yootoobe, Dr Oz, or all-day infomercials is probably not going...
  19. H

'Look at how powerful frequencies are: they can move huge planets!'. Someone who eats that has problems which no rational argument can cure. If dissuaded from one scammer, they will buzz towards another. They want magic and some form of mysticism, they will seek a magician to buy it from.
  20. H

“I expect that a lot of that material is pure scare-mongering trash.” Not a lot, all.
  21. H

All Romaine lettuce potentially contaminated with E. coli and NOT safe to eat

There’s nothing about why it seems to affect Romain lettuce more often than other leafy greens. Is that simply because we use more Romaine than spinach?
  22. H

Here comes the sun: Defending our summer rays

I always thought Australia must be healthy because it's the land that produced Elle McPherson ;-)
  23. H

Well then, we are surely communicating by mental telepathy! Because the people who maintain power lines are exposed to millions of time greater EMF than you or me, and thus they all died horrible deaths decades ago. So electric power is only an illusion, we're actually (scratches chin), uhh...
  24. H

All Romaine lettuce potentially contaminated with E. coli and NOT safe to eat

“ Think of how stupid the average person is. Then consider that 50% are more stupid than that.“ - George Carlin
  25. H

Biomarkers

No, he would have mentioned that. I had a long talk with him and it never came up. It’s hard to see any connection between one another, only a small number of people worked on those cold war projects and you would have needed a serious security clearance to even walk into those facilities...
  26. H

Hm. If all EMR is that bad, then humans and indeed all mammals who live at high altitudes should have gone extinct. The Sun is a thermonuclear EMR blaster, so powerful that it will cook and burn light skin in under an hour, even at Earth's surface. That's from UV of course, but the sun also...
  27. H

Dr. Neil Nathan's new book -- Toxic: Heal Your Body, from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, MCAS and ...

Well then that sounds promising. Rich died before he could complete his work, from my experience I felt he & collaborators incl Derek Enlander opened the door on the path to finding what’s broken with us. Rich did not have enough time to finish that trail.
  28. H

Dr. Neil Nathan's new book -- Toxic: Heal Your Body, from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, MCAS and ...

Having not actually read the book, I think I’m going to delete those remarks. If someone had made that claim I’d criticize them, but considering that I haven’t read the material I’m criticizing I think you are correct here.