• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Ecoclimber

Inhaled budesonide in the treatment of early COVID-19 illness: a randomised controlled trial

Inhaled budesonide in the treatment of early COVID-19 illness: a randomised controlled trial https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.04.21251134v1 Conclusion: Early administration of inhaled budesonide reduced the likelihood of needing urgent medical care and reduced time to recovery...
  2. Ecoclimber

"Facts about COVID-19": Swiss Propaganda Research Article

Yes @lenora vaccine makers are well aware of the mutations and are preparing booster vaccine. This is why it is so important to get the vaccine out there as quickly as possible to stop what viruses do best, mutate THREAD @DrTomFrieden SARS-Cov-2 evolving to adapt to human context. Possible we...
  3. Ecoclimber

3. JOHNSON&JOHNSON @DrEricDing Jan 29 THREAD FOR MORE INFO: BREAKING—Single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 72 % effective at protecting against moderate to severe illness in US, 66 % effective in Latin America & 57 % effective in South Africa. It was 85 % effective overall at preventing...
  4. Ecoclimber

2. PFIZER @DrEricDing THREAD FOR MORE INFO: BREAKING—new #B117 variant & vaccine data from research lab shows mutations in B117’s spike protein yields a ~3.8x reduction in efficacy of vaccine-generated neutralization antibodies compared to wildtype (WT) #SARSCoV2 strain. 10 of 15 people had...
  5. Ecoclimber

HELPING YOU DECIDE ON VACCINATION OUTCOMES FIRST UP 1. NOVAVAX Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing · Jan 28 BREAKING—Novavax says its #COVID19 vaccine is 90% effective, but likely only 50% against the #B1351 variant found in South Africa. 50% better than 0%, but clearly we have challenges with the...
  6. Ecoclimber

NIH: Trying To Make Sense of Long COVID Syndrome

@lenora Thanks for your wishes and pray that all will be well with you and your family as well ! In relationship to smell/taste affecting members of your family: SARSCoV2 Two articles recently appeared in ACS Chemical Neuroscience that need attention.(1,2) The article published by Bilinska et...
  7. Ecoclimber

NIH: Trying To Make Sense of Long COVID Syndrome

Many of the earliest COVID ‘long-haulers’ still suffer; Seattle researchers are trying to figure out Many of the earliest COVID ‘long-haulers’ still suffer; Seattle researchers are trying to figure out why Kelly Hickman knows exactly how she got the novel coronavirus: Attending a friend’s...
  8. Ecoclimber

The cytokines stimulated by Covid-19 infection are the main cause of death in patients and cytokines in ME/CFS

STATNEWS Major study finds common steroid reduces deaths among patients with severe Covid-19 By MATTHEW HERPER @matthewherper JUNE 16, 2020 https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/16/major-study-finds-common-steroid-reduces-deaths-among-patients-with-severe-covid-19/ A cheap, readily available...
  9. Ecoclimber

SARS-CoV-2 is a very unusual virus

@MackayIM PhD Australian virologists Just pausing for a second to cast my amateur epi eye across this image. Bloody hell. John Hopkins Map https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html Comments are interesting. Doesn't look good Also @DrDenaGrayson Scientists in #Japan found that people between...
  10. Ecoclimber

Article on "long-haulers" not recovering from COVID-19. Sound familiar?

SHOCKING": NEARLY ALL WHO RECOVERED FROM COVID-19 HAVE HEALTH ISSUES MONTHS LATER Many recovered coronavirus patients who did not need to be hospitalized are still facing serious health problems months later, according to a study commissioned by the Longfonds. While 94 percent say they do not...
  11. Ecoclimber

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus?

David Sinclair, PhD @davidasinclair Since my Harvard lab closed yesterday, I've been reading and interpreting this week's published papers on #COVID19. What follows is a thread of information, my interpretation, links to sources & predictions. Let's start with what you need to know THREAD...
  12. Ecoclimber

Thanks Wally, I was focusing on the treatment of patients once infected with #COVID19 in the City of Wuhan in the Hubei province, the center of the outbreak and did not come across any medical reports consisting of high dosage intravenous Vitamin C therapy used in advanced stages of this...
  13. Ecoclimber

No, Not at Evergreen Hospital where most were treated. From the reports from China, No but they did use interferon. I still gleaming through the reports for info on what treatment that could be useful. They use Chinese medicine that I must look at more. Sepsis intrigue me as a possible catalyst...
  14. Ecoclimber

Hi I’m Dr Chen and older than I look @Chenbariatrics1 THREAD: 1/ March 10,2020 “This is from a front-line ICU physician in a Seattle hospital This is his personal account: * we have 21 pts and 11 deaths since 2/28. * we are seeing pts who are young (20s), fit, no comorbidities, critically...
  15. Ecoclimber

FYI: HIP A CAVEAT IS WARRANTED FDA and FTC crack down on sellers of fraudulent coronavirus https://www.businessinsider.com/fda-and-ftc-crack-down-on-sellers-fraudulent-coronavirus-products-2020-3...
  16. Ecoclimber

My Post #26 listed the medicine and oxygen supplementation used on Case WA1 at Providence Hospital as outlined in NEJM article. In China, doctors are trying other ART cocktails to slow replication. Critical time now to take precautions for the home bound to stock up for several weeks as supply...
  17. Ecoclimber

FYI PrePrint: "Scientists have found why new #coronavirus is so much more infectious - “Compared to (old) SARS’ way of entry, [the new] binding method is “100 to 1,000 times” as efficient”. Study is pre-print but it has been confirmed by another group. When looking at the genome sequence of...
  18. Ecoclimber

Preparations need to be taken now! This is disease at current levels is above the Spanish flu pandemic and may go on for 18 months .#COVID19 New data from China buttress fears about high coronavirus fatality rate, WHO expert says.Transmission is quite rapid without effective non-pharmaceutical...
  19. Ecoclimber

To date reported treatement for #CoV2019 #2019nCoV #coronavirus is as follows: Initial treatment outlined in NEJM was of 650 mg of acetaminophen every 4 hours and 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. He also received 600 mg of guaifenesin and approximately 6 liters of normal saline over the...
  20. Ecoclimber

Have you ruled out Chiari or Craniocervical Instability (CCI) as a cause of your CFS

New injection technique may boost spinal cord injury repair efforts Date: January 29, 2020 Source: University of California - San Diego Summary: Researchers describe a new method for delivering neural precursor cells to spinal cord injuries in rats, reducing the risk of further injury and...
  21. Ecoclimber

Initial update Coronavirus #nCoV2019 #2019nCoV

FYI First Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in the United States https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191?query=featured_home Washington State at Providence Hospital in Everett. Summary An outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that began in Wuhan, China, has spread rapidly...
  22. Ecoclimber

BEN-GURION UNIVERSITY DEVELOPS MIRACLE MOLECULE FOR FIGHTING LUPUS

Apologize for the caps. No time to correct “Our breakthrough is identifying a new pathway for the exit of mitochondrial DNA that we can either trigger under controlled conditions or inhibit using our novel molecule that we specifically developed to prevent the formation of this pathway,” said...
  23. Ecoclimber

NYT New Recognition for Chronic Fatigue

New Recognition for Chronic Fatigue Personal Health By JANE E. BRODY NOV. 27, 2017 New York Times Having recently endured more than a month of post-concussion fatigue, I can’t imagine how people with so-called chronic fatigue syndrome navigate through life with disabling fatigue that...
  24. Ecoclimber

Vitamin D supplementation during the Winter may be beneficial

Permission to Post from ProfG Vitamin D supplementation during the Winter may be beneficial Miclea A, Miclea M, Pistor M, Hoepner A, Chan A, Hoepner R. Vitamin D supplementation differentially affects seasonal multiple sclerosis disease activity. Brain Behav. 2017 Jul 11;7(8):e00761...
  25. Ecoclimber

Acid reflux drug linked to more than doubled risk of stomach cancer – study

GERD is usually caused by by the poor closure of the lower esophageal sphincter (the junction between the stomach and the esophagus) which causes acid to flow in the lower esophagus. The failure sphincter muscle to close properly allows the flow of the acid reflux into esophagus which can cause...
  26. Ecoclimber

Acid reflux drug linked to more than doubled risk of stomach cancer – study

Acid reflux drug linked to more than doubled risk of stomach cancer – study There are more than 50m prescriptions for proton pump inhibitors in the UK, though they have previously been linked to side-effects and increased risk of death A drug commonly used to treat acid reflux is linked to a...
  27. Ecoclimber

Publication On Brain Lymphatic System

Sunday, 8 October 2017 Brain Drain Pipes: A waste removal system or the immune activating pathway There are some in the ME/CFS medical field that believe ME/CFS is 'MS Light' or 'Atypical MS'. The reason I post these articles is the fact that research in one area may spill over into another...
  28. Ecoclimber

How long are memory B cell depleted?. Can we learn from other conditions

Friday, 29 September 2017 Education: B cells are not a single subpoulation There are some in the ME/CFS medical field that believe ME/CFS is 'MS Light' or 'Atypical MS'. The reason I post these articles is the fact that research in one area may spill over into another area of research or the...
  29. Ecoclimber

I'll do a better job. It was while I was posting on here that I saw the dustup and the flaming cauldron of anger, people living, resigning. I didn't know what was happening as I was away for 8 mos working om another proejct. So Cautious about putting research on now.if the forum blowsup. I will...
  30. Ecoclimber

#ClinicSpeak & #ResearchSpeak: how close are we to pinning down EBV as being the cause of MS? Causation theory is essential to frame the EBV problem in MS. #ClinicSpeak #ResearchSpeak Summary: This post sets the scene for revisiting the Bradford-Hill criteria around EBV being the cause of MS...