• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

60 Minutes - Federal Disability Segment Tonight

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think this is a rerun from October 2013 with Steve Kroft.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/preview-disability-usa/

This is an interesting review from that link

TONGGIE October 6, 2013 10:10AM

I would not be on disability if I had never been prescribed Cipro, Avelox and Levaquin...I was healthy after being prescribed these so called antibiotics I suffer with neuro, physical,muscular, hormonal CFS and so much more....This is a world wide epidemic, and most will never connect the dots...and the medical community is denying it. August 15 2013 the FDA put out a report that Fluroquinolnes can cause permanent nerve damage... Cipro has been on the market since 1983 about the same time Chroinc Fatigue Syndrome hit .These so called antibiotics destroy lives after one pill and side effects can be delayed from day weeks months or years. We call ourselves Floxies...meaning our DNA has been sandwiched. There are thousands on FB boards...sufferin and dying from these Fluroquinolones. Some of us Floxies will be returning to Washington DC for the 2nd Annual FQ DC Rally 2014. Here are some sites www.ciproispoison.com - www.levaquinadversesideeffect.com - FB Wall of Pain: www.tinyurl.com/wallofpain -

FQ DC Rally:www.tinyurl.com/FQDCRally .....If Big Pharma was not poiosong the world and Monsanto was not poisoning our food we would be healthy...everyone's body process differently . We are sick simply because of greed and ignorance. When will it end.. Please feel free to contact me 410-483-4876 This need to be put on 60 minutes...how many are suffering from Fluroquinolone Toxicity, and have no clue it was caused by a antibiotic. These antibiotic cause me food allergies which I never had..It has wiped out my digestive system and has damage my thyroid. I could list 106 symptoms off the top of my head....and my tendons are all damaged.

RX for Disaster : CIPRO LEVAQUIN AVELOX Google "Fluroquinolone Toxicity" Then look at the sales on these drugs..it is a epidemic !

I would much rather be working....then suffering in pain everyday !

SDSue

Southeast
Good info, @minkeygirl

I wonder how many of us took Fluroquinolones in the months/years prior to falling ill. I did.

I wonder if their use is a predisposing factor for us.

I wonder a lot of things now that I've gotten a peek behind the curtain of big-business medicine and pharma.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I remember years ago; I can't remember if I was sick then, Oprah did a show and woman was on who got really sick from cipro. I can't remember exactly what but I think she needed up in a are facility for awhile, lost her job....

It was shocking what it did to her. I tell my docs I don't take that class if ABX.

I'm pretty sure I didn't take them then but I have since and they made me sick.