1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

60-Minutes - Segment on Advanced Brain Imaging

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Wayne, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I watched with interest this 13-minute segment on TBI in injured military veterans. I was especially interested in the section [starting around Minute 8] which described the latest in brain imaging technology, which I believe could be highly applicable to pwCFS. Here's the link:

Invisible Wounds of War

They say this latest technology can comprise over 40,000 images per scan, as compared to 300-400 images per a typical MRI scan, allowing for detection of abnormalities much more accurately than other brain scanning technology.
    golden and PhoenixDown like this.
  2. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Senior Member

UK
    Thanks, this was actually an excellent video.

@5:40

"but what you're advising us to do is bad medicine", "They're going to believe they're brain injured and you're going to make them worse", it's a really interesting parallel.

See more popular forum discussions.