• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 years gone in vain.... 23andme Results help ??

The mercury can make you feel worse as it's coming out. My symptoms are extra tired and flu like aches. I could see the hand shaking being caused by this too. Mercury can cause neurological symptoms.

What I did was cut back to extremely small doses so I didn't feel bad while the mercury was detoxifying. The doses you're taking are high. Those are final doses, not starting doses.

See my document Start Low and Go Slow for ideas on how to cut the pills down. There is one other method, I haven't put in the document yet, called the Wet Toothpick Method. Crush the pill into powder, dip the end of a wet toothpick in it, and just pick up a little bit.

It would be best if the mercury fillings came out and were replaced with something non toxic. There is a right way and a wrong way to do this, as you can get dosed with even more mercury when they're taken out. You want to minimize your exposure. If you decide to get them taken out, do your research.

I think it would be ok (and even preferable) to continue with methylation, and then gradually over time, get your mercury fillings out. Then once they're finally out, it may be another 6 months before all the mercury comes out of your fat stores. You may need to keep your supplementation extremely low while all this is going on so you don't feel too bad.

I wouldn't add acetyl L carnitine, etc. until you get the folate, B12, and magnesium and potassium levels all worked out.

@caledonia
Yaa I will go through that document and implement it.

I will follow your method now.I have few questions.
1. So how long do I stay at a particular dose?
2. I read somewhere that absorption rate of any supplement is 25% only. So that would be only 250mcg of mb12 and 100mcg of methyl folate in my current case.is that true?

Many thanks for your replies Caledonia.

caledonia

@caledonia
Yaa I will go through that document and implement it.

I will follow your method now.I have few questions.
1. So how long do I stay at a particular dose?
2. I read somewhere that absorption rate of any supplement is 25% only. So that would be only 250mcg of mb12 and 100mcg of methyl folate in my current case.is that true?

Many thanks for your replies Caledonia.

Once you find a dose you tolerate, hold at that dose for a long time before trying to increase. It can take 6-8 weeks for methylation to kick in. It actually took me 3 months because my doses are so low. You'll know when methylation is cranking because you'll start needing more potassium due to cell rebuilding occurring. If you're on higher Freddd type doses, it might just be a few days.

You can occasionally try to increase doses and see if you tolerate it (trial and error). You can also monitor with self muscle testing, which is the method I prefer. Information on that is in the same Start Low and Go Slow document.

If you have metals that need to detox out, it can be a very long time. I've been on the same tiny doses for about a year and a half I think? I've sort of lost track. I've finally been able to increase my B12 a bit within the last few weeks, which is a sign that my metal levels are coming down and my detox capacity has increased.

You can track what's going on with metal detox by doing a Doctor's Data Urine Toxic Metals test. While you're doing that, you might as well get the Urine Essential Elements test along with it to check for mineral deficiences. You can also see cobalt levels which will tell you about B12 levels in the cells.

Cobalt = cobalamin = B12

@caledonia

My ammonia test results came at 84 with actual range from 112-198. so I have far less ammonia in the blood.

I just started taking extremely small doses of mb12 and m-folate and I feel very angry for the whole day. what should I do to overcome this uncontrollable anger?

Dont know when this journey ends.

I dont have any mercury fillings as of now. one year gone i removed them. But there is enough mercury in the body as revealed by my hair analysis test. i also have high levels of arsenic and aluminium.