• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Message to ME/CFS Advocates and to the ME/CFS Community

Ecoclimber

I meant to create a separate thread on this but instead posted on another thread. The link is below.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...tematic-review-is-up.32719/page-8#post-507465

Remember, Simon Wessely and his ilk believe that disability benefits and research perpetuate 'false illness belief'!

Will you be able to deal with the fact that when you go to your doctor who has been treating you for your symptoms tells you he can no longer treat you and must refer you to a psychiatrist? This will happen if the NIH proposal goes through.

The influence of the insurance industry concerning governmental policy is posted on the other thread.

Last edited:

anciendaze

Recent disputes over the Alltrials petition, and Dr. Wesseley's support of same, have accused him of hypocrisy, or accused patient advocates of collaboration. I think the explanation is that patient advocates are trying to show that antidepressants, the most popular treatment among medical professionals, do not work very well for this illness. As for Dr. Wesseley, he has been fully consistent in advocating increased demand for his services, both as a therapist and as a hired gun for insurance and disability disputes. Take away antidepressants, and the only thing an ordinary doctor can do is refer to a psychiatrist.

We are up against solid proof, in the case of the PACE trial, that advocates of the biopsychosocial approach were able to extract 5 million pounds from U.K. government coffers. How can you top that for effectiveness -- in the minds of researchers?