• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adjustable air beds

JalapenoLuv

As a palliative help, I've had a mid range Sleep Number bed for 10 years and love it. I would not go back to a conventional bed. The idea is that you can adjust the air pressure to fit your body. If you lose weight you'll want it firmer. If your muscles hurt or you are injured go softer. This is a huge help.

However, I do think that Comfortaire makes better quality air beds and recommend them over Sleep Number. They are a better value and are made better. My sleepnumber bed did have issues with a defective zipper and controller that were handled under warranty, however for a product this expensive they should have gone with a better zipper.

JAM

Jill
I've had a Sleep Number bed for 18 years and it is still working out great. We have changed out the foam and added a memory foam topper, but that is it. I keep expecting the pump or something to break, but so far so good. It is great to have two different firmnesses in the same bed.

I just went to the Comfortaire page and it says they are a Select Comfort company, that is the brand of our bed. I wonder if they sold out when the name changed to Sleep Number and if the quality diminished then. Interesting.