• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advocacy idea

taniaaust1

Shovin the following info here from someone (thanks, I assume you wont mind me putting this in a public place) to help have all this info together while trying to work this out

"It is the HHS who contracted with the IOM.

From what I understand, congress oversees HHS. Particularly;

Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP)

The Senate HELP Committee has broad jurisdiction over agencies, institutes and programs under the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), including the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It also oversees other issues related to public health and health insurance.

• Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Chair
  • Sen. Michael B. Enzi (R-Wy.), Ranking Member
and
House Appropriations Committee Subcommittee on Labor, Health, Human Services, Education and Related Services (Labor-HHS)

The House Appropriations Labor-HHS Subcommittee is one of 12 appropriations subcommittees. It specifically oversees funding for many federal agencies, institutes and programs under the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), including the National Institutes for Health (NIH) and other health programs.

• Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.), Chair
  • Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Ranking Member
Of course, the President trumps all.

That's why we have been directed to contact our congressional representatives to help us by putting pressure on the HHS to cancel the contract. They and the president are the ones who could actually have the power to force this."
"

• Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Chair
  • Sen. Michael B. Enzi (R-Wy.), Ranking Member "
Does anyone know what the contact email is for the two senators above?
Can anyone tell me if those two senators of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP)
have been petitioned too over what is going on or been contacted by people?

Would they probably be the best to try a petition too? (would they then report this elsewhere to whoever is higher up to them?).

edit ohh just reread and saw this "sees other issues related to public health and health insurance." does that mean that this lot of senators probably has health insurance ties??? (so may be biased in wanting ME/CFS buried?) . Im doing my head in with all this (headache now). Does anyone now if these senators know about our IOM situation and the issues we are have about it?

Last edited:

taniaaust1

Ive been overly stressing out over this and just did a test petition at care2 (something I really need support with there anyway) to find out how this petition stuff all works. I found out throu my test one (note its actually a real one so please sign it) that I can find out the emails of where to sent it to later. All I need to know is where to send it too and I do have lots of ideas for that now.. thanks all. (I will be posting the petition soon, just still looking at how things work).

Anyway.. please everyone sign this test petition of mine which will hopefully help me to get throu my states government disability org that what they are doing isnt right .. Im currently being denied the medical care I need due to their lack of support re my transport problems due to my disability.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/802/...bled-patients-to-needed-medical-appointments/

taniaaust1

Here's the petition against non-experts defining (redefining) disease re what is going on with IOM. Please sign if you agree
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/799/278/645/stop-non-experts-from-redefining-diseases/

and while you are at it.. would you mind signing the petition I currently got going on for myself (re my states disability orgs neglect of me and of me not being able to get to the medical appointments I need) http://www.thepetitionsite.com/802/...bled-patients-to-needed-medical-appointments/
thanks