• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antifungal Lufenuron: Anyone tried it?

Lou

It's a bit embarrassing to ask as this is actually an animal medicine, but there's a lot of information about it on the web regarding people using it with apparent success.

Another member here mentioned it in another thread, and it does sound promising. Of course, the big question is safety.

Has anyone used this product? Your thoughts, results?

Thanks,

I haven't used it on myself, but I'm a veterinarian so can speak about it a bit. Lufenuron inhibits the formation of chitin, which is present in the cell wall of fungi, thus inhibiting the ability to reproduce. It was initially developed as a flea preventative (chitin is also present in flea eggs and exoskeletons of adults), but has since been used with success to treat ringworm (skin fungus) infections in animals also. It's extremely safe in dogs and cats - they can eat the whole box without mishap.

Of course, I'm not a physician and can't speak to its safety in humans. :) Sorry if that's not terribly helpful.