• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any one familiar with reactive arthritis/ seronegative arthritis?

Well I will try to make a long story short but I came down with an illness two years ago that started with severe stomach burning and fatigue and over time has turned into severe ibs( constipation), eye pain, severe muscle fasiculations/ monoclonic jerking, joint pain, muscle pain, prostate and urethral pain and spots all over my tongue(geographic tongue).

This is a spot on diagnosis of reactive arthritis, the only issue is that they have no idea what seems to be causing it. So far the only relief I have from this pain is to follow a extremely strict starch free diet. Any deviation from the diet leaves me feeling like my body has the flu, aching all over and joint pain/prostate pain/ eye pain.

Does anyone have experience with this condition? Also worth mentioning is that I am currently being treated with 4 antibiotics for tuberculosis because my infections disease doctor discovered I had latent t.b and decided to treat me for it because it was the only thing he could find wrong with me, but it has not seemed to help much.

I just want my life back! I have made alot of improvements in the past year and I no long feel like life is worthless, but I still suffer greatly and dream of getting back to my pre-sickness state.

I welcome and and all questions and comments.

Sea

I had 4 months of Reactive Arthritis following an infection with Parvovirus. Unlike the usual pain I have with ME/CFS/FM/Osteoarthritis my joints swelled considerably. I couldn't fit into any of my shoes.

I was given a short high dose course of Prednisone which made a huge difference.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
@donovank730

I've had problems with small joints since a year ago, which was several years after first getting sick. Things became much worse over the past month, which is why I came back to PR. But then, things are much better over the past two days.

It comes and goes. I haven't been able to identify the trigger. Food allergy? Getting a virus cold that my system overreacts to? A spate of leaky gut? I don't know.

Is it possible that candida / leaky gut makes you react to carbs?