• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

any tips for indefinite camping?

antares4141

Hi Aerose :)

I have a lot of desert camping experience. Where will you be?

The only time you need a tent is if it is raining (or for privacy if there are people around). Otherwise you can just sleep under the stars.

:).
Only way I would sleep under the stars (for any prolonged period) is if I was way up off the ground. Like on top of a cars roof or in the bed of a truck. Snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, and in some areas bob cats and mountain lions come to mind. The scariest might be bats cause they could bite you and you might never notice it till six months later when your diagnosed with rabies. Chance is probably pretty remote but the sissy that I am enough to make me think twice. Do like the idea of no tent though. My concern is lots of times my energy levels are so low it would be a big deal setting it up and breaking it down. That and mildew. I wouldn't want it ever to get wet which probably isn't realistic. I took the rear seat out of my truck and put a 4" cushion I got off of amazon. Cut it to size and put in its place. Very stif but good for my back. Being 5'6" might not be as popular with the ladies but there are some advantages to it.

student

My thoughts are simple. prepare my first day - Hands, hair and nose: Great help was the simple 3 times hand wash. / Much the same does a 3 times hair wash… that worked best. (yes, some of my cloth can be poluted).

http://www.naturprodukte-mv.de/Propolispulver-Propolisstuecke http://www.naturprodukte-mv.de/Propolis_1 My nose can be blocked – with powder of propolis in vaseline fat. I apply a small portion on a small band of WC-paper tissue. The propulis is placed towards the high nasal wall. If in any danger – than I block my nose early. This helped me to safely go and do much more of the daily contact/ or things.