• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody Here Know the Tarot?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Today, I picked THE SUN card. Kind of strange, because I feel a bit foggy and have a slight sinus infection.

Maybe the forecast will be brighter in a few hours, or a day.

RWS_Tarot_19_Sun-e1276746699413.jpg

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Last night, after going to a strange potluck dinner, I came home feeling a bit toxic and depressed. Sometimes I am overly sensitive to people's energy, and this one rather negative woman there definitely had a negative effect on me. I got out my Tarot deck and pulled this card, the Magician.

I take it to be a statement about holding to my own center, not giving my power away to others, which I seem to do when I feel tired and vulnerable.
Any other ideas about it?

Rws_major_01.jpg

Nielk

Just gazing at the card for a while, I get the feeling of strength and gentility at the same time. There is an aura of many possibilities. You might have more inner strength
than you realize. You are centered already. You have the ability of not having to be affected by other negative people. You just have to use your inner power to fight it.

leela

Similarly to Nielk (whose answer I read after reading your card), I saw that you are standing in the garden of your own delight,
with all the tools at hand that you need. You hold the power and the inner wisdom, the only magic that is *real*.
This card tells me that you need not be swayed by the magical appearances of "other" peoples' energy, because you are master of your own mind/heart/spirit/energy. The negative influence is an illusion that sways you, as you say, from your center, only in so far as you
believe the illusion to be real. This is the real magic.

allyann

Hi DB,

I get the sense that it is telling you to use your magical powers to protect yourself from negative people and energies. Intuitive people are more subseptical to the energy of other people or places. Before you go out, spend a few minutes putting a gold veil over yourself, or placing yourself in a bubble of white light so that you can interact with these energies but not take any of it in. You could also annoint yourself with some Frankincense & Myrrh oil on the back of your neck.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks Nielk, Leela and Allie. I do feel some inner strength, in that my intuition is usually dead on target, but the illness can really mess with that, especially when my nervous system is off kilter, which is most of the time. The over-sensitivity of my nerves can often feel overwhelming and I end up feeling somewhat paralyzed by it... like my "antennas" are taking in WAY TOO MUCH information, and it's blowing out my circuits. I don't feel it in Nature, but when I am around people in a social situation, it becomes very apparent that I am too open to other people's energies.

I have tried putting a bubble around myself, and that works sometimes. The frankincense and myrrh sounds like a good idea too. I have noticed that those oils feel grounding to me. Tho looking back in retrospect, I think that not interacting at all with negative people, even if that means being cold and stand-offish, and leaving early might have been the best choice, which is what I would have done if I hadn't been dependent on my partner giving me a ride home.

I guess the best magic is being able to do what you need to do when you need to do it. :)

Mary Poppins

75% Smurf
DB, appearing 'rude' is preferable to having one's often meagre resources drained by energies that aren't good for us. Self assertion is often misconstrued as rudeness in contemporary culture, and it's simply incorrect if one is polite! If you're experiencing a time of crisis then limiting your interactions as you see fit on any given day is self protective and clever, not rude. Look after yourself, and the rest will follow. :hug:

Allyann! When did you and bubs get to 33 weeks??!!! not long now xo

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Mary--I hear you. And I had no objection to going out, but once I got there, I realized pretty quickly that I didn't enjoy the company very much. WHat to do, what to do.. when your ride feels differently and wants to stay. I think that next time I will do what I need to do, even if that means I take a stinky cab home.

And I will definitely have to polish up on feeling comfortable with appearing 'rude.' That might be something to think about.

allyann

Hi DB,

Thinking of you so pulled a card. Another great card for you. Thinking this is around your partners love and support for you. Keep getting the words 'never wavering' as if he sees it as his life's mission to love and care for you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

allyann

Nielk, drew a card for you too :)

My feeling this one is saying that the world is on your side even though it might not feel like it at the moment.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nielk

I was just abput to ask you if you could pick a card for me (whie viewing DB's card) and poof, here it is.
It feels like a great card. First of all, that is exactly what I look like:)
I seem to be anchored and centered in the world. The number 11 symbolically is great. It connects to the Source.
Even the animals shown have symbolic meaning. The only quandry is who's profile is showing on the top left?

Thanks ally.

I appreciate it.

Nielk

I was just abput to ask you if you could pick a card for me (whie viewing DB's card) and poof, here it is.
It feels like a great card. First of all, that is exactly what I look like:)
I seem to be anchored and centered in the world. The number 11 symbolically is great. It connects to the Source.
Even the animals shown have symbolic meaning. The only quandry is who's profile is showing on the top left?

Thanks ally.

I appreciate it.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allie and Nielk--

I wish I had checked this thread sooner. I am SO CURIOUS now to see what cards you picked! They are not showing up on this page. I just see a little ? in a blue square. When I click it doesn't open.

I will confirm though that my partner is unwavering. I am very blessed with that, and thank my lucky stars. As for the world being on my side.... hmmmm... that is something I have no evidence of at this point. Who knows what will happen next.