• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone get tooth pain on antivirals?

saint

I was on Famvir and my fibro doc switched me to Valcyte. Something worked because my energy is better than it's been in 8 years.

I'm getting severe - I mean severe - neuropathy in every tooth that has ever had a filling as well as caps. I searched online and could only find a few instances of people experiencing this. However, I couldn't find out whether their teeth hurt from antivirals - or if it was the virus itself/ the toxins causing the phenomenon.

I don't even know whether it's related to the antivirals. Doctors/ Dentists can't give much help here.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this and determined the cause.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have lots of tooth pain and throbbing throughout my mouth. It seems to be worse when I'm not feeling well. I don't think it's A/V related since I had it before I started them.

When I up my A/V's I get pain but not in my teeth but who knows?

saint

Did you ever find out what was causing it? The illness? I've tried remineralizing toothpaste, but I think it's beyond that - there is something systemic going on. My parents didn't take care of my teeth when I was growing up - but this tooth throbbing just started a few weeks ago.

I've been doing supplements for neuropathic pain but it hasn't been helping. It's really bad. I traded the fatigue now I have a new symptom.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm assuming it's from my ME. Nothing else is off. Nothing has helped although I find stress makes it worse. I can tell when I'm stressed, it really acts up.

It's just another thing I tolerate.

saint

Tolerate seems to be the best word describing 'living' with this condition - if you can call it that. I do have to say that either the Valcyte, NT factor, or S-acetyl-glutathione did something - I got my energy back. Now I'm trying to play catch-up with all the things that have been left undone while I was incapacitated. It's overwhelming. Very overwhelming.

I did find that tooth pain is a side effect of EBV and parvovirus - the viruses attack nerves. I am disgusted with the medical establishment - I paid doctors for help and they should have told me this. I should have been put on an antiviral years ago.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Makes sense since I have EBV among other things.

But how crazy is this? I got new glasses today. I had a horrible time with this last year with horrible eye pain.

Well now all my teeth are throbbing. Wth?

Being angry is wasted energy imo. I need it for other things.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@saint
tooth pain is so common with this illness, it waxes and wanes just like other symptoms, I go through periods where I think I need dental work and then the pain just goes. Maybe a combination of bacteria and viruses? Hope yours settles down, tooth pain is bad.