• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have hair regrowth and IBS changes after taking vitamins including B12?

ahmo

@Coolie
clapping-1303.gif

Worth noting, which I didn't understand until 2 years off gluten, are the gluten cross-reactive foods. Body recognizes them As If they're gluten.

http://blog.primohealthcoach.com/blog/bid/79586/18-Gluten-Cross-Reactive-Foods

It does make you wonder if it's ever possible to get to the bottom of ones problems. To put things into perspective though, I was the guy who the doc thought I had ME in 1992. I've had a reasonably active life since then, and really, it's just getting a glimmer of results that has made me want to probe further and resolve my IBS issues.

Freddd

It does make you wonder if it's ever possible to get to the bottom of ones problems. To put things into perspective though, I was the guy who the doc thought I had ME in 1992. I've had a reasonably active life since then, and really, it's just getting a glimmer of results that has made me want to probe further and resolve my IBS issues.

Hi Coolie,

Once I got paradoxical folate deficiency under reasonable control the hypersensitivities went away. Before MeCbl I couldn't tell that I had a sensitivity to milk because everything did it. After MeCbl and Metafolin , the sensitivity to all other foods except milk went away. There can really be a great deal of healing, over time, with the needed nutrients. Good luck

Day 2 went very well. I spent large parts of the day not hungry for a change. Although it's early days and it could be the magical Placebo effect.

Just to thank everyone who recommended Gluten free - it seems to be working. After one week I have a vast improvement in gut function, and less shakey "diabetes like" moments, although the real "AHA" moment was still when I first started taking the vitamins. I did have to go away at the weekend and couldn't control everything going into the food and I also missed one B12 tablet. The following day I was "day dreaming" a little. It's something I've done most my life, but now, already, I think I can tell when things are a miss. So back on track again this week, with the new diet.

Well, well, well, I posted this thread back on July 5th and it's now Sep 13th. I have been on Gluten Free on top of my Lactose Free and Irritable Bowl has all just about gone.
I have some side issues like my body doesn't really tell me when I need to go and I don't think I have strong enough muscles in the region of the guts and so it hangs around for days. Last night I had some cloudy scrumpy to drink (certified gluten free) and I thought that will do the trick and yes, it very healthily pushed everything through.
If any expert examined my stools I think they would say I'm cured. I'm 43 and it's taken all this time.
I want to try an introduce cheese because my diet is so boring! I'm so not interested in the food I eat that I have lost about 1 stone 2 lbs in that two months without trying.
My food is very repetitive, although one thing for sure, my intake of fruit, nuts, fish and meat is way up and bread, my previous staple, has gone, apart from two slices a day of what I call my "funny bread" which makes a sandwhich you have to eat with a knife and fork.
How long will I have to keep up the high doses of B12 and the other vitamins? I have no idea, but when I ran out the other week (and posted on here about it) it was too soon to stop and I suffered the consequences.

ahmo

@Coolie well done!
clap-3332.gif

Some of us need B12,, folate, other supps, forever.

Please keep in mind that it's a lot easier to read posts if you break it up, create some white space between paragraphs. ;)

Anyone have hair regrowth and IBS changes after taking vitamins including B12?

Irritable Bowl Syndrome had changed from diarrhoea to constipation
bald head of 20 years is growing hair again (a fine coating of blonde fluff) and now growing further
stopped chronic bitting of nails of every evening

Can you list the exact supplements you take,
how often and how many
and your general diet

thank you