• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone with serious intolerances used Xymogen?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its a very expensive IGg supplement - don't know whether I should, when you have cupboards full of stuff you can't use its hard to decide.
Its been recommend by my naturopath.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Is this for your food intolerance?

Do you have it spelled right? I googled Xmymogen and got a company called Xmyogen with lots of supplements.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks it is Xymogen - too many y's - sums me up:)
I can't change to title - hope people recognize its only a spelling mistake.

PennyIA

I use their opticleanse and the 5-MTHF ES (methylfolate) supplements.

I don't have any issues at all with the methylfolate (but building slowly as per all recommendations). I'm currently taking 3 5mg tablets which is a pretty high dose.

When I take a break from things and start back up on the opticleanse, I have mild diahhrea, but it usually passes within a couple of days of taking it and then it doesn't bother me again.

I'm currently gluten-free, dairy free, low citrus, low soy... and cannot tolerate any greasy/fried foods nor any other forms of magnesium (except epsom salt baths) due to intollerances. I do think it's the very low amounts of magnesium that seem to cause me issues temporarily with the opticleanse - however, taking it multiple days in a row seems to help a lot.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
so its $47 and if you buy it in £s its 81 - see what I mean about rip off Britain...................
I can't buy off amazon .com only amazon.u.k

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Right but that is still cheaper than the huge bottle which is double. Pureformulas has the smaller bottle for about $57 us. I didn't check Vitacost but iHerb doesn't have it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
not available for export - they don't want our custom. Leave it to the importers to chalk up the big bucks because we don't have any choice but to buy from them.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
I tried TF - still have it in my fridge - didn't agree with me, but that's not to say it would be the same for you.