• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

are colonics good or bad for us?

Aerose91

I've heard both sides of the spectrum from doctors and people alike. I know that colonics reduce all the good bacteria as well but the bad goes with it. Is this something benefitial if our gut is so far gone that we can't heal it properly? Or detrimental because removing any good bacteria will only cause more problems?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
:confused: You'll get both arguments here too I bet!

I don't think there is a definite answer that fits everyone. Some have found benefit from colonics and some have had bad experiences with them. Having had quite a few myself, I find that there is also a huge difference in the skills and equipment of the therapists who administer them.

For myself, I have had extremely good practitioners with the best equipment and others who sort of forced the colonic -- which was a very uncomfortable experience and gave no discernible benefit.

Sushi

Aerose91

Wow, I would definitely want someone who knows what their doing giving me that test! Have you seen improvements with any of them?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Wow, I would definitely want someone who knows what their doing giving me that test! Have you seen improvements with any of them?

I saw benefits from the first ones done by the "expert" with great equipment, but not help for ME/CFS as a whole--just gut symptoms I had been having.

Sushi

Legendrew

The bowel has evolved over millions upon millions of years without such "treatments" and given that there is no evidence to confirm its effectiveness; I would save the effort, money and time.

tdog333

If you want a cheap colonic take 20 grams of ascorbic acid(vitamin C) in 4 glasses of water(5G per). Believe me, you'll get stuff out ;D

But seriously it works pretty well. I wouldn't do it often though.

Last edited:

Aerose91

If you want a cheap colonic take 20 grams of ascorbic acid(vitamin C) in 4 glasses of water(5G per). Believe me, you'll get stuff out ;D

But seriously it works pretty well. I wouldn't do it often though.

Funny you say that, I actually had to do that a couple years back to find my vitamin c tolerance level for my adrenal fatigue. Not comfortable!