• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are Dr Klimas/Dr. Rey not accepting new patients?

Avengers26

I called NIM office & I got an answering machine for new patients. They are not accepting new patients & there was no mention of a waiting list. Is there anything else I can do other than just try them later? Thanks.

SOC

I called NIM office & I got an answering machine for new patients. They are not accepting new patients & there was no mention of a waiting list. Is there anything else I can do other than just try them later? Thanks.
Their new associate, Dr Vera, was taking new patients as recently as last month. I'd be surprised if she's closed already.

I'd keep calling until I got an answer. ;)

maddietod

Their new associate, Dr Vera, was taking new patients as recently as last month. I'd be surprised if she's closed already.

I'd keep calling until I got an answer. ;)

And if you can't get to a person, maybe push the buttons that say you're an established patient of Dr. Rey's at Davie.

charlie1

@Avengers26 - did you ever get in? It's 8 months since you posted that and I'm having the same trouble with trying to get someone to answer/return calls. Either they haven't updated their answering machine or Dr. Vera is indeed full and they aren't accepting new patients, just as they claim :(

I am a patient of theirs already, but I know two other people who just recently got appointments with Dr. Vera by calling until someone picked up or returned a call. Like every day for weeks....their office staff is disorganized and overextended;/