• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Atlas Profilax treatment

golden

@Wayne,

i get a flavour of what you are saying re: AP organisations.

It was reminding me of all the trouble with EFT athe EFT 'Masters' and Gary Craigs open hand policy.

I have just received this in my inbox from a gold standard EFT Gary Craig mailout. one of the questions :

" "But why doesn't EFT work for me?": Below is a typical email we receive that asks the preceding question. My responses below the email should give you some helpful insigthts into the causes and solutions to this growing problem.

Dear Gary. it gave me great pleasure to read about all the successful cases EFT could cure. I have been reading them for years. To my despair, however, I have not succeeded to cure myself. Nothing.

And here is the thing: It is the easiest thing in the world to only mention the successfull cures. What about the cases that were not cured? And Why?
I refuse to give up, and maybe your answer to my questions will give me more motivation to keep on trying.
Kind regards, (name withheld for privacy reasons)

I must raise my hand as "guilty" for publishing only the successful cases mentioned above, at least in the early years. The reason for my error is that those were the only cases I received. The people that got temporary results or no results at all (or got worse) didn't write about their disappointments. Why would they? Doing so in the face of all that success by others would likely make them look and feel like failures.
In all I received nearly 3,000 positive write-ups from enthusiastic EFT'ers many of whom relied on inefficient uses of EFT such as global approaches, brief youtube videos and tapping scripts. The results were impressive, although in hindsight I suspect some were embellished. Altogether it was an exciting, although misleading, time for EFT.

But think about it for a moment. There were 500,000 people on our newsletter list and only 3,000 articles were sent my way over a 15 year period. And all of them were mega-positive.

So what happened to the other 497,000?

Fortunately, I have become seasoned over the years and now recognize that these global approaches, brief youtube videos and tapping scripts have limited success and, while they are successful for some, the majority of people using them fade into the background with poor results. They are part of the growing EFT Silent Sea of disappointed people and we are determined to bring them back into our successful circles."

golden

P.s. Incidentally, i would say the atlas being out would be a tapping issue ...for seasoned tappers

Wayne

My neighbor had the AP done about 3-4 years ago, and was just telling me tonight that before he did the AP, he was a night owl, staying up till 12 to 1 to 2 in the morning. From the very first day of his atlas being shifted, he began to get really sleepy by 9:00-10:00, which has continued to this day.

He said he sleeps the same amount, but that he sleeps better and his rhythms shifted by a few hours. --- He recently saw Michael Hane, and said he did some fairly significant "followup up" tuning. He said things feel a bit better, but nothing to compared to how so many things were so much better after he first had it done. --- An indication that things don't always hold 100% for eternity.

This is the first time i've heard about this and i'd love to try it. However there is no practitioner in the UK near me.
I noticed there are two near amsterdam and i'll be in the netherlands soon for a short trip... The one closest to amsterdam only has a phone number though and no email and i can't read his website haha.
I'm just wondering if it would be a risky thing to try on a short trip when flying etc. and if it might potentially ruin my trip if i have strange reactions.
But at the same time it might be a wasted opportunity and easier than seeing one in my own country... Unless they have a large waiting list

Wayne

I'm just wondering if it would be a risky thing to try on a short trip when flying etc. and if it might potentially ruin my trip if i have strange reactions.

HHNF, based on my own experience, and that of others, I think this is a legitimate concern. But I think the question to consider is how risky would it really be? My own immediate reaction after getting the AP was about as profound as any I've ever heard or read about. So I always encourage people getting this to try to do this when circumstances would prevent them from having to challenge themselves after doing an AP session. Since most people don't have the kind of reaction I did, I think this cautionary note might only apply to roughly 10% of those doing this.

I might just mention that whenever I visit any kind of health care practitioner, or get any kind of therapy, I try to relax and integrate the experience without having to unduly challenge myself afterwards.

Thanks, yeah thats what i usually go by too but the only options for me are either amsterdam as i'll be there anyway, or travel halfway across my own country which would take around 8 hours on the bus then an overnight stay somewhere etc. the option for my own country would be much more exhausting.
I've just been reminded though that there's a second treatment up to a month after the first, and i cant go back to amsterdam a month later as i probably won't be recovered in time. The same applies if i did it in my country.
Devastated as really, really want to try this. I have a strong feeling it would help.

I wonder if the practitioners would allow me to do my first treatment in the netherlands and the follow up one in the UK haha. Probs end up being charged full price by both though :-/

leela

@Hell...Hath...No...Fury..
as far as follow-up, my practitioner totally left it up to me for up to a year: the next day, the next month, in a year, or not at all. I think the standard is within the year, and perhaps there's even flex around that.

i say, talk to the practitioner you're considering and see what kind of flexibility they have.

Wayne

I wonder if the practitioners would allow me to do my first treatment in the netherlands and the follow up one in the UK haha. Probs end up being charged full price by both though :-/
Couple points: First, the followup about a month later is referred to as a "re-check", it's not another session like the first one. Second, there's no charge for the re-check. The policy is (or at least used to be), Atlas Profilax is a one-time charge. All re-checks are no charge.

Sounds like your circumstances would have you go ahead and have this done in Amsterdam. A re-check is suggested in about a month, but it's not a hard and fast rule. I suspect many who get this done never go back for a re-check unless something seems amiss, which is normally not the case since the first session holds the atlas in place 90%+ of the time. Also, a re-check doesn't necessarily have to be done by the original AP practitioner. Any certified AP practitioner will re-check at no cost. This may expand some of your options.

I'd rather have him but he only has a phone number, no email.
The other guy who's 15 mins out of amsterdam could give me an appointment at 10am on my first day there but after flying in, the night before i can see already that it would kill me doing a morning appointment straight after travelling, and if i react then the entire weekend would be ruined.
Its a tough decision :-/

I did it :) i can't believe only a month ago i'd never heard of this treatment and now i've had it. I'm so used to researching things first and then waiting a long time to have it usually because of not having the money. But this was an opportunity i couldn't really pass up. I couldn't travel to the other side of the UK to have the treatment but the treatment indirectly came to me! There was a private clinic being held in my part of the country by someone else who was too ill to travel to the treatment and i was invited to join them.

It turns out they also have ME! And there were two other ME people attending also!

I thought it would be a nightmare to find the place, a metro and two busses to get there, but the travel couldn't have gone more smoothly and relaxed and as an added bonus, the girl hosting, lived literally over the road from the bus stop :thumbsup:

Because none of us would be able to return the next day for the follow up treatment, we all had a 2 hour gap between 1st and 2nd treatment and the practitioner travelled back home the same day instead of staying overnight as originally planned.

We arrived at the house and immediately felt welcome, there were 4 of us with ME and my mam who came with me. The plan was to lie down during the 2 hour wait period between but as it turned out we all never stopped talking hehe ;) They had never heard of our forum and it made me realise how lucky i am to have this group and the things i know purely because of people in this group.

I think i was the quickest out of everyone, as i didn't take rest breaks in-between but the treatment was extremely painful. More so on the right side. The practitioner said i was a tough cookie as i was so calm throughout it. It wasn't a gentle treatment for any of us. It was quite aggressive and like a pneumatic drill grinding at my skull but not in a horrible way. It took around 20-30 mins.

While doing the left side, i felt electric shocks and tingling down my left leg and the same happened on the right side. It made me feel 'fluttery'. My breathing changed and every time the right side was done, my right arm would break out in goose pimples!

When it was finished, i felt like my neck was longer and i was lightheaded and 'floaty'. During the following two hours, my neck felt stiff and where i used to be able to spin my head around 'exorcist' style and almost look behind me while facing forwards i could now only turn my head to the left and right in normal fashion, but stiffly. We were all sitting there, looking like meerkats :woot:

Because i could stand the pain the practitioner said i could have another go during the second treatment if i wished so i said yes. To be honest, I think i was secretly hoping she'd saw my head off after a lifetime of migraine.

The second go, was really excruciating! Having the treatment done on what now felt like a bruise but i did it anyway. She then used a Scenar device on me, which sounded like and reminded me of a tattoo gun! She cranked it up to maximum and did the same for the other setting she had on it which grabs at the muscles. She placed it in a position that would grab so hard at the lower neck muscles that the whole shoulder would be pulled upwards and then drop back down.

The second treatment really was excruciating but i'm pleased i did it as i lost the stiffness that i had from the first treatment and could now move my head from side to side more freely.

It was a very nice afternoon! There was a lovely energy in the room and it felt very cozy.

When i finally got back home that evening, i was in an obscene amount of pain, the skin on the neck felt burnt from the scenar and i felt like i'd been kicked in the head. I also had a slight muscular pain at the base of my spine on the right side, and then slight muscular pain half way up the spine on the right side alternating between the two.

Its been 2 days since, and i'm not sure what effect its having on the migraines or ME yet, as i'm crashed from the travelling there, and on lots of painkillers for the neck pain so its hard to say right now. I liked having it done though :thumbsup:

Wayne

Wow HHNF, quite a report! Doesn't really sound like the Atlas Profilax I'm familiar with. I'll just mention that I had quite a bad (very bad actually) headache in the days following my AP. It did however begin to dissipate over the next week, and then found my chronic daily headaches had lessened in severity. I hope things smooth out for you in the days ahead. --- And congratulations; quite an accompishment to even get it done! :thumbsup:

I so wish i'd had the gumption to do a before and after shot because i've noticed something odd. My head now looks straight rather than a slight tilt to the left BUT my shoulders are now at different heights!! :confused:
I pinned my hair up to see better and the 'corner' of my neck where it bends into the body is now higher on one side, and the whole of that side of my body higher than the other o_O

image.jpg