• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Authors suffering from CFS/ME

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to put together a list of writers who suffer from or have suffered CFS/ME. Even one book written is enough. This list is not of authors who have written about CFS/ME, but any book written by a sufferer. I will start with a few-

Laura Hillenbrand
Jamie Sams
Toni Bernhard

taniaaust1

Gregg Charles Fisher (both him and his wife got ME) "Chronic fatigue syndrome A comprehensive guide to symptoms, treatments and solving the practical problems of CFS" This book is a very good ME book. It has an updated version. He shares about stuff him and his wife tried among other things.

Lynn Michell "Shattered Life with ME" A decent ME book too.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Two more names for the list:

* Elisabeth Tova Bailey (pen name)

She's the author of "The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating."

* Floyd Skloot

He has a chronic illness but I'm not completely sure what his current diagnosis is. He may have a different diagnosis now.

He is an amazing author and writes everything from poetry to novels. One book that many patients with ME/CFS will like is called "Patient 002." It's loosely based on the Ampligen trials.

Dr.Patient

Not sure how relevant this is but I've written several books as an academic psychologist - a requirement of academia in the UK!
Yes, could you please give the list of the books, thanks!

Tammy

oops...........re-read your thread.............you don't want a list of authors/sufferers who have written about CFS/ME??????????? Just other books?

Dr.Patient

oops...........re-read your thread.............you don't want a list of authors/sufferers who have written about CFS/ME??????????? Just other books?

Only people who have suffered ME/CFS- books on any topic, but just written by people who have suffered.

Nielk

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to put together a list of writers who suffer from or have suffered CFS/ME. Even one book written is enough. This list is not of authors who have written about CFS/ME, but any book written by a sufferer. I will start with a few-

Laura Hillenbrand
Jamie Sams
Toni Bernhard

Why?