• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmune Summit Nov 10-17 Online

xchocoholic

I got to see Dr Wahls video yesterday. :) She's good at keeping it simple.

For the most part, she repeated what I'd heard her say previously. Repetition was helpful tho. The part I was watching for was at the end and I missed the last 3 minutes. But I remember she said that it takes 7 - 10 years for the brain and spinal cord to re-generate. She gave other timelines for healing but I forgot those already. Lol.

I'm not sure how healing works tho. One year post gf diet, Sept 2006, my ataxia vanished. My next mri, 2007 ?, showed that my brain lesions were gone. So partial re-generation.

Over the last 9 years many of my symptoms resolved but not my OI, PEM or food and chemical intolerances. I'm assuming not everyone's body can heal. At least not completely. Being a celiac and having limited energy, physical and mental, hasn't helped either. Sept 2015 will mark 10 years gf for me.

Tc .. x

ahmo

@xchocoholic I've been on low dose naltrexone for about 4 months. I really think it's improved my resilience and energy. I also notice that the latest bout of cat scratches healed really quickly. Overall lowering of inflammatory response, I believe.

xchocoholic

@xchocoholic I've been on low dose naltrexone for about 4 months. I really think it's improved my resilience and energy. I also notice that the latest bout of cat scratches healed really quickly. Overall lowering of inflammatory response, I believe.

Thanks. I'll look at this. I was actually feeling good until I got glutened last week. Tc .. x