• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 question

Hey all and @caledonia,
I'm doing the Yasko semi light protocol and working on my sulphate levels. While I'm doing that I'm also taking her All in One supplement, about 1/32 of a cap because I'm finding I have no tolerance for B12. My question: I've read Fredd's post on hydroxyB12 and how it's not really compatible with our bodies (if I'm understanding him right). Yasko's all in one only contains HydroxyB12. Is this a problem? I can only take about 3mcgs or less of B12 right now. Did you cut back on the all in one so you could add in MB12 or AdenB12 or am I really over thinking this? Thanks, Shelley

caledonia

Hey all and @caledonia,
I'm doing the Yasko semi light protocol and working on my sulphate levels. While I'm doing that I'm also taking her All in One supplement, about 1/32 of a cap because I'm finding I have no tolerance for B12. My question: I've read Fredd's post on hydroxyB12 and how it's not really compatible with our bodies (if I'm understanding him right). Yasko's all in one only contains HydroxyB12. Is this a problem? I can only take about 3mcgs or less of B12 right now. Did you cut back on the all in one so you could add in MB12 or AdenB12 or am I really over thinking this? Thanks, Shelley

Technically, you would not take methyl supps until after completing the CBS treatment. Once you've completed CBS, you should be able to tolerate B12 better.

The hydroxy contained in the supplement is oral, and so would absorb so poorly you might as well just ignore it.

For example, I don't tolerate Yasko's liquid sublingual hydroxy, but I'm fine with what's in the All In One.

caledonia

Thanks Caledonia, So don't even take my 1.5 mcg of Hydroxy/adensB12 drops right now either?

Short answer: yes

You sound about as sensitive as I was. I wasn't even tolerating 1mcg. So I quit taking B12 for a few months, until I had completed CBS. Then things went much better.

The reason is that the methyl groups in those supplements will just be creating inflammation until you get the CBS pathway working better. Once the CBS pathway works better, they will start creating glutathione as they're supposed to, and you should be able to tolerate them.