• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC radio doco - "In This World, But Not Of It"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I accidentally caught the end of this, I think, last night and wished I'd heard the whole thing because I recognised my own situation of extreme isolation (I'm too sick for more than three hours/week of face-to-face social contact and have been so for years now). There were some very interesting comments - I'll look forward to listening.

SDSue

Southeast
Interesting program. I loved the musical interludes.

It's fascinating to me that some would choose isolation. Perhaps it is just that - they could choose it, which means they could then choose to return to society at any time.

We haven't the choice, and that's quite a different thing. This disease has taken many things, but it's the human connections that I miss the most. It's the lack of human touch and human smiles that leaves me questioning my own sanity and, on bad days, wishing for an out.