• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog: "Should You Eat Potatoes?"

slayadragon

The first post in a new blog focuses on the question of "Should You Eat Potatoes?" and goes into questions about various diets said to be helpful for ME/CFS and similar illnesses; mycotoxins; anti-nutrients; and the gut microbiome.

http://livingcleaninadirtyworld.me/2014/02/24/should-you-eat-potatoes/

The new blog is presented by the not-for-profit organization Paradigm Change and is called "Living Clean in a Dirty World."

Guest posts on the blog are welcome. The information on submitting posts follows.

Comments are also very welcome!

Best, Lisa

Info from the "About this Blog" page:

http://livingcleaninadirtyworld.me/about/

The goal of this blog is to provide a forum for people who are working to improve their health through clean living and related techniques to share their ideas, experiences and success stories.

All submissions of quality material are highly welcome. However, we are looking primarily for articles focusing on the following topics.

1. Thoughtful essays related to any topics pertinent to the focus of this blog. We are especially interested in articles focusing on avoidance of any or all environmental toxins; on detoxification; and on techniques that seem to have the potential to allow the body to tolerate toxins more successfully.

2. Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare healthful clean foods, preferably including multiple photos of the preparation. For inspiration regarding the type of submissions that we are looking for (though not necessarily the specific type of food), please take a look at The Pioneer Woman blog.

3. Similarly detailed photoessays on other topics related to the focus of this blog (such as how to set up a campsite or how to do a coffee enema).

4. Stories about how readers have made improvements in their health from neuroimmune conditions (such as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Toxic Mold Illness, Chronic Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Illness, Environmental/Food Sensitivities or Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum Disorder).

snowathlete

Since I've had ulcerative colitis my diet has changed a lot. I am now eating in excess of a kilo of non organic potatoes 6 out of 7 days a week. I think things are improving slowly now. I'd be lost without potatoes and they seem to be alright for me when a lot if other things are not. Just my n=1 experience.

perchance dreamer

I eat a sweet potato a couple of times a week at dinner because they help my sleep. They are a good source of tryptophan, and I think the high carbs help increase serotonin.

I try to eat fewer carbs during the day when I have a sweet potato at dinner because they are so high in carbs. I like the Hannah variety best because they are a good deal less sweet than other varieties such as Jewel and Garnet.