• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Books

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
"Explaining nexplained Illnesses"

Disease Paradigm for
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity,
Fibromyalgia,
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,
Gulf War Syndrome, and Others

by Martin L. Pall, PhD

MEG

I feel the need to include Toni Bernhards's "How To Be Sick" here. It has provided me with a way to reframe my illness to see the positive aspects, and has given me MUCH insite into how our caregivers and family/friends are affected...now I feel empathy instead of anger, hurt and frustration.

I have not read "A Monster Inside", however I am going to buy this book to support a young woman, one of us, who worked hard to bring her book to fruition.

Timaca

When Something's Wrong--How to Navigate the World of Health Care

I've written a book that is designed to help people navigate the medical world. All proceeds (after taxes) will be donated to various organizations that are trying to solve the problem of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Phoenix Rising is one of the organizations I will be donating to. :D

The book, When Something's Wrong--How to Navigate the World of Health Care, can be purchased at this website: http://www.whensomethingswrong.com/

You can "Look Inside" it and purchase it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...g+caskey&sprefix=when+somethings+wrong+caskey

It may also be purchased at Barnes and Noble.com:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/whe...781608446711&itm=4&usri=when+somethings+wrong

If you do purchase the book, I'd love to receive any feedback that you have, as I will be revising it on a yearly basis. You may PM me through this forum, or contact me through my website.

Cort graciously allowed me to post about my book on this forum, and I am grateful to him for this opportunity to share my book with others. I hope it helps many and raises some much needed funds to help solve the problem of CFS.

My best to all,
Timaca (Tina)

Thanks, Meg, for recommending my book. I've been overwhelmed by the positive response. It's more than I ever hoped for. It makes all the hard work and toll it on my health feel worth it. If anyone would like to know more about it, please go to the website for the book (my daughter created the website!):

http://www.howtobesick.com

susan

The book Cfs Unravelled by Dan Neuffer is Free this weekend on Amazon Kindle for PC etc. download. This is an excellent book and pin points what causes Cfs. Then it goes on to teach how to overcome the illness. Easy read with summaries after each chapter. This guy has excellent free videos on his web site too. Cfsunravelled.com

anniekim

The book Cfs Unravelled by Dan Neuffer is Free this weekend on Amazon Kindle for PC etc. download. This is an excellent book and pin points what causes Cfs. Then it goes on to teach how to overcome the illness. Easy read with summaries after each chapter. This guy has excellent free videos on his web site too. Cfsunravelled.com

I would note it's this guy 's theory....I don't think we can say it definitively pinpoints the cause of cfs...

golden

Chronic Fatigue, ME and Fibromyalgia
The Natural Recovery Plan
by Alison Adams

This is a simple book but not simplistic.
It gave me great strength and validation when I needed to feel empowered.

It covers everything although am not convinced that the underlying cause is mercury poisoning, it doesnt matter.

She also provides a brief history of the medical establishment and details her own journey back to health.