• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain fog and reading

Womble

Like many of you, I have trouble reading books because of the onset of brain fog, fatigue, pain, tremors, etc...

Because of this, I'm forced to do audiobooks, and I can only read about 10-15 pages a day at maximum.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to be able to concentrate more on reading?

I'd like to be able to read an 800 page book with it taking me an entire year.

Anyone have any ideas of treatments I could pursue?

thanks,
Womble

Fogbuster

Taking breaths in slower and for longer than your normal breathing pattern for 10-15 minutes. Keep a consistent rhythm and let the air relax out of your nostrils without forcing the exhale.

Has helped me improve my concentration, thinking ability, comprehension and memory recall. This is partly because I was overbreathing/hyperventilating, but still I believe it will be helpful for you.