• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burnt myself and didn't feel it

Jarod

Hi folks. Never had this problem before.

While taking some stuffed portabello mushrooms out of the oven, I touched the back of my hand on the broiler element. I didn't even really feel it at the time. Put it under water for a few minutes and forgot about it. This burn turned nasty red the next day.

I never really felt any pain out of the whole ordeal. What's up with that? Seems strange.

Martial

Hi folks. Never had this problem before.

While taking some stuffed portabello mushrooms out of the oven, I touched the back of my hand on the broiler element. I didn't even really feel it at the time. Put it under water for a few minutes and forgot about it. This burn turned nasty red the next day.

I never really felt any pain out of the whole ordeal. What's up with that? Seems strange.

I have gotten that on and off again. Before I started my treatment I could walk into a 180 degree sauna and it would feel like 85 degrees lol. Don't think its something to immediately worry about, just make sure that your vitamin and mineral levels like b12 are good.

Nastier burns often won't hurt at all, due to nerve damage. Is it hurting now?

Jarod

Nastier burns often won't hurt at all, due to nerve damage. Is it hurting now?

Ok thanks Valentijn. I actually never had much pain at the time.

The next few days it never stung like a burn usually does for days after. Weird. Had a pretty good size mark from it. It's been over a week, maybe even two weeks and not healed yet.

I'm not going to loose anymore sleep over it.