• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Call to Action: Include Ampligen in 21st century cures legislation

barbc56

Even if Congress did approve the use of Ampligen, i'm not sure that I would trust the FDA when it comes to CFIDS/ME. FDA approved drugs kill 106,000 Americans every year.

The figures of the number of drugs killing patients is misleading for many reasons.This article, Death By Medicine, explains this better than I can.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-by-medicine/

No the system is not perfect. The FDA is not perfect. But I don't know if there is anything out there that is better.

This being said, patients need to be informed, which is often easier said than done.

But back to Ampligen approval.:)

Barb

*GG*

The figures of the number of drugs killing patients is misleading for many reasons.This article, Death By Medicine, explains this better than I can.

No the system is not perfect. The FDA is not perfect. But I don't know if there is anything out there that is better.

This being said, patients need to be informed, which is often easier said than done.

Barb

So what is a non misleading number?

GG

So what is a non misleading number?

GG

Barb
Barb,
I wasn't trying to second guess your suggestion for patients to prod Congress to help get Ampligen approved. I just read an article about Ampligen in the National CFIDS Association's newsletter, and they mentioned the FDA quote.

barbc56

Barb,
I wasn't trying to second guess your suggestion for patients to prod Congress to help get Ampligen approved. I just read an article about Ampligen in the National CFIDS Association's newsletter, and they mentioned the FDA quote.

I think you have me confused me with the OP @SpecialK82

I'm also confused. Did I miss a quotation by the FDA? I'll go back and reread the article.

Is the newsletter available on the CFIDS webpage?

Barb

I think you have me confused me with the OP @SpecialK82

I'm also confused. Did I miss a quotation by the FDA? I'll go back and reread the article.

Is the newsletter available on the CFIDS webpage?

Barb
No, I don't think it is available on the CFIDS webpage. There is another CFIDS group called National CFIDS ASSOC or NCF for short, and that's where I got it from. It might be available to Yahoo or Google it.