• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBS and low sulphur diet

Hi all,
I just got some test results back indicating my sulphur level was high normal (1150). Which surprises me cuz I'm only CBS+\-. So I'm on a low thiol diet but I'm not able to cut my protein down because of gut issues ( on the SCD diet). Is it possible to keep my ammonia down just be lowering my thiols? Don't really have much of a choice, but hoping this will work as I can't seem to tolerate any B12 or folate right now and I was hoping that once I got this sulfate down I might be able to tolerate them. Thanks, Shelley

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Try molybdenum. That's what my NP had me take.

Also Yucca removes ammonia although I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Last edited:
when taking moly i noticed that more than 150 mcg per day are not ok for me. maybe try and test. moly also get cooper out and made me bit jittery :).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I had no problem with the molybdenum. My doc said anywhere from 200-500 mcg. I settled on 300 in case there were issues with a higher amount. She did not have me change my diet.

So you were able to lower your sulphate levels with molybdenum alone, without a low thiol diet?! Or did the molybdenum only bring down the ammonia?