• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBS Treatment - Will You Feel Worse Before Better/List of Sulfur Containing Supplements?

I have been doing low sulfur diet now for about 2 weeks and at first I was feeling way better. Like almost normal. I recently added in hydroxy B12 and ammonia RNA support and now I feel really crappy. I don't know what it is. I'm not sure if I'm bouncing back to feeling worse or I'm going through a detox or something?

I think it could either be the ammonia rna, b12, or iodine which is making me "Crash" now. Or if i'm even crashing or just going through a phase.

I looked at my sulfur levels. They are between colors of 400-800. I think it's roughly 500 or 600 now. Before, I was around 1000, above 1000.

I've been taking everything on heartfixer's site, along with a few others. Glutathione patches, vitamin a/d, vitamin k2, modified citrus pectin (for more heavy metal removal), sometimes iodine (i'm suspeciting iodine is making me worse), bee pollen, vitamin e, vitamin c, biotin.

Is it possible any of my supps are high in sulfur? Is there a list of sulfur containing supps?

caledonia

You can stop everything, get back to a baseline and then restart one at a time. Give each one several days to see what effect, good or bad, it has. Take notes on symptoms.

Another method is to learn self muscle testing to figure out which one might be bad.

Or if you suspect iodine, just drop that and see what happens.

The hydroxycobalamin could be causing metal detox which would make you feel pretty crappy (for me flu-like aches and pains and extra tired). You could trial stopping that. I have to keep my B12 no higher than 50mcg or these symptoms become too much.

Your sulfur level actually sounds pretty good. You're supposed to continue on the CBS supps for another two months after achieving a good reading, but you can start methyl supps in the meantime.

Note: the supps you're taking aren't anything like what I was taking for CBS. I didn't add in any other supps until I had CBS under control.

You can stop everything, get back to a baseline and then restart one at a time. Give each one several days to see what effect, good or bad, it has. Take notes on symptoms.

Another method is to learn self muscle testing to figure out which one might be bad.

Or if you suspect iodine, just drop that and see what happens.

The hydroxycobalamin could be causing metal detox which would make you feel pretty crappy (for me flu-like aches and pains and extra tired). You could trial stopping that. I have to keep my B12 no higher than 50mcg or these symptoms become too much.

Your sulfur level actually sounds pretty good. You're supposed to continue on the CBS supps for another two months after achieving a good reading, but you can start methyl supps in the meantime.

Note: the supps you're taking aren't anything like what I was taking for CBS. I didn't add in any other supps until I had CBS under control.

i see. thanks for hte info. i will try to cut out other things i don't need.

caledonia, btw, get this. so i felt like crap this morning, did a sulfur reading, and had the reading above. then i drank a bunch of water and started feeling a little bit better. i just did a sulfur reading again, and now i'm at <200. is water a big part of detoxing ammonia or sulfur levels that i'm not aware of? i was actually shocked it was so low, i couldnt believe it. i was at 1k+ a few weeks ago, maybe more.

i'll lower the hydroxy. i was taking 4k mcg/day.

i'll focus on the CBS though now. i'll look into researching methyl supps.

thanks for the help.

I don't know about ammonia or sulfur specifically, but water is good for detoxing in general.

thanks. yeah i think the hb12 possibly caused a detox reaction and then with a lack of water, i had toxic buildup. my sulfate levels have never been this low before... the hb12 has to be doing something good there.. thanks for all the tips. :)

Lotus97

rocky
Are you taking methylfolate and/or folinic acid? Or any other methyl donors? Generally it's the combination of those along with B12 that causes problems, but I agree with Caledonia that even a lot of hydroxocobalamin (by itself) can be too much for some people. I started out with only 1000 mcg of hydroxocobalamin and nothing else for a few months and then very slowly added folate (starting with just folinic acid and then later methylfolate). Most people can tolerate a higher dose than I started with, but some people will need an even lower dose than that.

rocky
Are you taking methylfolate and/or folinic acid? Or any other methyl donors? Generally it's the combination of those along with B12 that causes problems, but I agree with Caledonia that even a lot of hydroxocobalamin (by itself) can be too much for some people. I started out with only 1000 mcg of hydroxocobalamin and nothing else for a few months and then very slowly added folate (starting with just folinic acid and then later methylfolate). Most people can tolerate a higher dose than I started with, but some people will need an even lower dose than that.

thanks for the tip. no i am not taking any methyl donors. i am strictly working on CBS right now. my sulfur levels are now below 200 from the last test strip i did so im goimg to stick with that for a month or so until that changes for the better. i will lower my hb12 dose though. i did a mega dose earlier and felt pretty crappy and tired and my hair started falling out at 10mg. ill start very low, im thinking 500 mcg.

thanks agian. this is a nightmare to figure out. ugh.

Lotus97

caledonia
If my symptoms are from the "CBS Drain" will I experience them right away after taking my methylation supplements like overmethylation or is it more gradual? Because I have been experiencing the "fight or flight" symptoms for the past 5 months or so, but I don't think I experience symptoms right after taking methylation supplements like I had prior to that when the symptoms were at least partially from overmethylation. I don't experience symptoms right away whenever I increase my dose either, but I think the symptoms might be gradually returning with a slow build-up. I think my symptoms might also be from norepinephrine caused by fatigue. Hopefully not metals also (because I don't feel like dealing with that too).