1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFSAC 1/2 day meeting today - Dec. 11

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Nielk, Dec 11, 2013.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    "without a lot of traction outside the CFS community"
    What?!

This is absurd on so many levels.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I'll be very curious as to what the major researchers think of this definitions and if they comply with it at all. But, I suppose will just have to wait and see what the final product is. I suppose every country to could go of on their own and develop their own definition. That would look pretty embarrassing to the IOM!!!!

3. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    :mad::mad::mad: :bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

heapsreal and aimossy like this.
  4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1246098/
    This not-exactly-flattering obit in the BMJ tells us McEvedy's long dead, so I guess he'll never know just how very, very wrong he was.

aimossy likes this.
  5. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    fwiw, my written testimony to CFSAC. I didn't speak.

oc100, ahimsa, Nielk and 3 others like this.
  6. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    This is very important, thanks for checking that out and reminding us!

7. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    Lee is a federal agent making a not so veiled threat that the highest level of constitutionally protected speech (political speech) by a disabled community will be punished.

The fact that she apparently read the threat from a prepared text makes it worse; these are her carefully chosen words; she had time to think about it; it wasn't that she got flustered and said something off the cuff.

Her statement was clearly unconstitutional. This is very serious. She has done three things to squelch free political speech (1) FUBARed the CFSAC meeting, (2) premeditatedly threatened disabled advocates for their political speech and (3) threatened three CFSAC members for political speech.

The Supreme Court has held freedom of political speech to be the bedrock of the Constitution. To paraphrase Justice Robert Jackson: If there is one fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is freedom of speech; the government may never impose an orthodoxy of opinion on its citizens.

oc100, ukxmrv, Ember and 2 others like this.
  8. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Dr. Koh should hang his head in shame for standing by Dr. Lee in his letter to Mary Dimmock and allowing her to address her comments to an international community of patients.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    oc100 and Kati like this.
  9. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    The primacy of freedom of speech is the thing I like most about the US constitution. :)

It is however already severely compromised by the ubiquitous use of public relations and the failure of investigative journalism. :(

MeSci, Kati and SOC like this.
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Erica Verillo wrote a blog on the CFSAC meeting.

HHS TO ME/CFS COMMUNITY: WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

oc100, Valentijn, Kati and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.