• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Clinical features in patients with long-lasting macrophagic myofasciitis" [authors say like CFS/ME]

Dolphin

Free full text: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fneur.2014.00230/full

Macrophagic myofasciitis has sounded to me before like ME/CFS.

Front Neurol. 2014 Nov 28;5:230. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2014.00230.

eCollection 2014.

Clinical features in patients with long-lasting macrophagic myofasciitis.

Rigolet M1, Aouizerate J2, Couette M3, Ragunathan-Thangarajah N2, Aoun-Sebaiti M3, Gherardi RK4, Cadusseau J5, Authier FJ4.

Author information

1Faculty of Medicine, INSERM U955-Team 10 , Créteil , France.

2Faculty of Medicine, INSERM U955-Team 10 , Créteil , France ; Reference Center for Neuromuscular Diseases Garches-Necker-Mondor-Hendaye , Créteil , France.

3Neurology Department, Henri Mondor University Hospital , Créteil , France.

4Faculty of Medicine, INSERM U955-Team 10 , Créteil , France ; Reference Center for Neuromuscular Diseases Garches-Necker-Mondor-Hendaye , Créteil , France ; Paris Est-Créteil University , Créteil , France.

5Reference Center for Neuromuscular Diseases Garches-Necker-Mondor-Hendaye , Créteil , France ; Paris Est-Créteil University , Créteil , France.

Abstract

Macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF) is an emerging condition characterized by specific muscle lesions assessing abnormal long-term persistence of aluminum hydroxide within macrophages at the site of previous immunization.

Affected patients usually are middle-aged adults, mainly presenting with diffuse arthromyalgias, chronic fatigue, and marked cognitive deficits, not related to pain, fatigue, or depression.

Clinical features usually correspond to that observed in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Representative features of MMF-associated cognitive dysfunction include dysexecutive syndrome, visual memory impairment, and left ear extinction at dichotic listening test.

Most patients fulfill criteria for non-amnestic/dysexecutive mild cognitive impairment, even if some cognitive deficits appear unusually severe.

Cognitive dysfunction seems stable over time despite marked fluctuations.

Evoked potentials may show abnormalities in keeping with central nervous system involvement, with a neurophysiological pattern suggestive of demyelination.

Brain perfusion SPECT shows a pattern of diffuse cortical and subcortical abnormalities, with hypoperfusions correlating with cognitive deficiencies.

The combination of musculoskeletal pain, chronic fatigue, and cognitive disturbance generates chronic disability with possible social exclusion.

Classical therapeutic approaches are usually unsatisfactory making patient care difficult.

alex3619

I saw this abstract earlier. What got my attention was visual memory issues ... I don't have much in the way of visual memory at all, nor do many patients.

If this can be solidly demonstrated, replicated, etc., and its very widespread in the "ME/CFS" population, then this will discredit vaccinations using aluminium, and might discredit the use of aluminium products in food and food preparation. Aluminium is a toxin I looked into in about 2000.