• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

coffee relieving pain?

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Hi. Along with many other symptoms, I've got generalized pain in every muscle and joint of my body which I experience for lapses of a few ours, usually along with an increase in fatigue. Analgesics don't work at all, nor do any of the more advanced pain relieving drugs like pregabalin for example. The weird thing is that since I got sick 12 years ago, drinking coffee significantly reduces my pain for considerable time. Does anybody else experience this or has any explanation as to why this happens? Thank you, good bye

IreneF

Yes, coffee reduces my pain, but not for very long. It's not that surprising--caffeine is an ingredient in a number of analgesics, especially for headaches. My mother used to drink coffee for migraines.