• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Columbia U{Dr. Lipkin} Donor Survey -- Use it to Promote ME/CFS

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
B/c I donated to Dr. Lipkin's research, I received an email from Columbia U asking if I would fill out a survey regarding my experience as a donor. See below.
I almost deleted it. But I clicked. It is mostly rating experience BUT there are several opportunities to write what I most want out of my donation or donation experience. I used every space available to ( formatted in a way that answered the particular question appropriately) promote Dr. Lipkins research, ME/CFS research in general. {Pointed out that Stanford had set up a clinic and research group }, and ask them to fundraise for his research and fund him out of the CU general donations. I also suggested education for their physicians.
I used words like serious, devastating, life altering,neglected etc.....I'm sure you can come up with your own descriptors. I said I don't want recognition for my donations, I want results !
I strongly suggest that if you get this survey, please take the few minutes it takes to do the same.
Maybe it will do nothing. But maybe it will make someone there think twice and check it out.
Who knows ? -- crazy optimist that I am !
Peace.

Dear XXX,

You should have received my recent email asking you to participate in a confidential survey of Columbia University’s donors.

You can access your unique link here: Take the Survey.

The survey should take you about 15 minutes to complete. If you begin and would like to finish later, re-clicking the link will bring you back to where you left off. You will not receive reminders to complete the survey once you have finished it.

Our research partner, Huron Consulting Group, will gather responses and develop a report, analyzing only in the aggregate. The findings will help us enhance our shared relationship. We will send high-level results to those who participate.

Thank you again for supporting Columbia. If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ pageor email Huron.

All the best,

Tricia Seifert
Director, Donor Relations and Stewardship
Columbia University’s Office of Alumni and Development

*GG*

B/c I donated to Dr. Lipkin's research, I received an email from Columbia U asking if I would fill out a survey regarding my experience as a donor. See below.

I almost deleted it. But I clicked. It is mostly rating experience BUT there are several opportunities to write what I most want out of my donation or donation experience. I used every space available to ( formatted in a way that answered the particular question appropriately) promote Dr. Lipkins research, ME/CFS research in general. {Pointed out that Stanford had set up a clinic and research group }, and ask them to fundraise for his research and fund him out of the CU general donations. I also suggested education for their physicians.

I used words like serious, devastating, life altering,neglected etc.....I'm sure you can come up with your own descriptors. I said I don't want recognition for my donations, I want results !

I strongly suggest that if you get this survey, please take the few minutes it takes to do the same.

Maybe it will do nothing. But maybe it will make someone there think twice and check it out.

Who knows ? -- crazy optimist that I am !
Peace.

Just breaking this up to make it easier to read.

GG